News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

Recent posts

I am working on this right now for a 40-60S.  Email me directly at brad@ipsengarage.com.  We can compare notes on what I am doing to make this work.
General Discussion / Re: What's Going On Here
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 10:06:07 PM
Quote from: jwwseville60 on Today at 02:05:04 PMADVERTISEMENT

"I have 500 1959 Cadillacs in a climate-controlled barn in the Nevada desert near Area 51. No rust, all models and all are under 10,000 miles. They are all metallic flake bubblegum pink with white vinyl/faux leopard interiors. All the rubber floor mats are custom made red with Rolling Stones lips. All the cars have dry skeletons and tommyguns in the trunks.

PM Joe Camel Caddy. Hurry dang it!
I will not be undersold!"

Are they all Eldo Biarritz?
Does anyone know if there are differences in firewall or content between 1961-62.

OPGI Catalog lists a 1961 firewall insulation for 6267. And a 1962 insulation for 6039.

The only difference I could see within 61 would be with AC and without. So I would assume all 61 should be the same. Then 62 I would think would also be the same.

What are your thoughts?. I don't know if any of you have purchased one of these.

IMG_20240512_204423206.jpg
General Discussion / Re: 1982 Eldorado Advice
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 08:48:15 PM
Have you read about the 4100?  That transmission isn't known for greatness either.

Get a factory service manual, they are usually plenty to choose from on ebay.

They make new rear calipers since they are one of the models popular for rear disc swaps so a new set will solve those issues for a while. 

You want to make sure the ride height is correct.  If the rear auto level isn't working you can do a manual fill system on.  If the back rides low you get some funky rear bump steer when you hit bumps do to the wacky rear suspension geometry. 
Please note that the Forums are scheduled to be set to maintenance mode on Wednesday, May 15th around 9 a.m. EDT. This means that access to the forums is not possible for between four and eight hours. This is to allow time for taking backups and then making the necessary changes for the CLC member only posting access.

Once the forums are back up, users who are not CLC members and have been assigned to the Read Only mode will be identified by a large 'R' in the user profile area. If you are a CLC member and cannot post, and have the 'R' in your posts, please contact me immediately. Send your forum username, email address in your forum profile and CLC number to webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org. Use that same email address if you encounter any other unexpected issues.

Stefan
Quote from: jwwseville60 on Today at 01:49:48 PMBring back the swamp cooler I say.

I got it covered, see!! I just haven't figured out how to keep the freon from running out on a hard stop or righthand turn. No, really, I used to put ice cubes in it when I left work with this in the truck window. It worked really good until the humidity went up during the monsoon season here. And if someone was sitting in the passenger seat and I made a sharp righthand turn or hit a speed bump at an angle they'd get a brief ice cold shower.
 It will only fit into a sedan-style door though. It goes into the upper glass channel and then the glass holds it in place and a brace goes from the outer edge to the belt line of the door for extra support. Gotta be careful that you don't slam the door either.

Rick

20240512_163429.jpg

20240512_163527.jpg

20240512_163603.jpg
General Discussion / Re: What have you done with yo...
Last post by 60eldo - Today at 08:30:00 PM
  What havent I done. Trans blew got it rebuilt. Engine blew, getting it rebuilt now.  Gone threw 3 fuel pumps last year. Getting carb rebuilt. It doesnt end.
The correct adjustment procedure would be found in the FSM. An invaluable tool. Just 1/4 turn on the adjustment can make the difference in  a glass smooth shift, or one that gives you a mild case of whiplash.
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 08:03:38 PM
I ordered this dashpot. It was the cheapest I could find at $100.

I don't know if these are rebuild able. I would not mind a spare but all the rest are listed at over $300. Screenshot_20240512-200114.jpg
General Discussion / Re: 59 enjoying the sun
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 07:55:52 PM
Beautiful! Both of them. 8)