News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac 1959 Interiour Colorcode Dusk pink, Prairie Plum

Started by Armin Schinkovits, March 31, 2023, 04:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armin Schinkovits

Dear Cadillac enthusiats!
I am from Europe  Austria

1 ve been collectin and restore cadillacs for 30 years

I now have 6 cars from the early 50´to early 70´s

Since these cars ara all convertibles,i decided to buy a sedan for the next project.
3 years ago i started a ground up restauration for a sedan de ville six window

The color is Gotham Gold  interiour nr. 48

My Problem  is Nobody here in Europe can do anything with the color codes from 1959

So i hope for the help of the cadillac forum in that case.
I need modern codes for the 2 colors Dusk pink and prairie plum

I sincerely hope that you can help me
Armin

billyoung

Armin,
Welcome. Are you asking because you need new material to replace the interior ?
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

Armin Schinkovits

Hello Bill,

More precisely : Interiour Number 48  means   The lower Instrumnt panel, Compartment door, ash tray and Steering wheel trim is painted in  DUSK Pink

The Steering Wheel Grips, Top of Instrument Panel, Heater Assy and Air Conditioner Duct. is painted in Prairie Plum.

My Problem are the paint color codes  from  Prairie plum and Dusk Pink.

The codes which i have,  are the old codes from 1959.

No Paint Shop here in Austria  can do anything with the old codes.

Regarding Cloth and Leather Liner and Carpet -I ordered these goods from SMS Auto Fabrics

So  I have no problems with  that.

Only the Color Code is my huge Problem..

Armin

Armin

Armin

billyoung

I understand now. What I am about to say may cause a negative stir here on the board but here goes. I would go to an Automotive paint supply store and bring the parts with you that have an area that is not faded and have them match with a modern available paint color. Previously I owned a 1972 Cadillac Eldorado convertible and I found a 2013 Ford Mustang color matched Coronation Red from a 1972 Cadillac paint chart perfectly. After I had the car painted in the new base coat clear coat I would defy anyone to see a difference. I hope this helps.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

There is no one over here that can use the old formulas either.  Formulas can be developed by hand matching or color scanning (for lack of a better name).  Generally, interiors colors were not even shown in the color chip books so they cannot be matched to also.  Hopefully you have traces on original parts to match to.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo