News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

How rare is a 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 (Limo).

Started by Rassie Erasmus, November 10, 2008, 02:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassie Erasmus

Hi to all. I am from Durban South Africa and the owner of a 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood series 75 (Limo use to belong to a S.A. ex. President). I would love to know how rare these cars are. I have seen the same car as mine with the same colour at a show in South Africa. Any help? Cheers Rassie.

jaxops

Quote from: Rassie Erasmus on November 10, 2008, 02:28:50 AM
Hi to all. I am from Durban South Africa and the owner of a 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood series 75 (Limo use to belong to a S.A. ex. President). I would love to know how rare these cars are. I have seen the same car as mine with the same colour at a show in South Africa. Any help? Cheers Rassie.

In South Africa, it could well be rare.  In the States, probably not.  However, many people don't want to or can't (due to physical size and cost to restore) keep these behemoth limousines.  There are a fair number of them around in the USA today though.  I guess there are still enough of us nuts that prefer these big cars to the coupes.  Besides, you have a former presidential limousine!  That in itself makes your car unique, and very special.  I'm sure other members can comment on the production numbers, etc.  See if you can find out where it was made.  Was it a Hess & Eisenhardt car?  They made many of the presidential limousines for the US presidents.

In my opinion, the 1966 - 1968 Cadillacs were especially beautiful.  Probably because the first new car my father bought was a 1966 Cadillac limousine (he was a funeral director).  I loved the blue interiors they used back then.  Each segment of the Cadillac production had its own character and loveliness.  I was always taken with the stacked headlights, and the long tapered lines of these years.  Congratulations on a very nice limousine!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

There are nine (non-division) 1967 75 sedans and eight 75 limousines in the current CLC directory.

Otto Skorzeny

What does your id plate say?

There were 835 Series 75, model 69723, 9 passenger sedans and 965 Series 75, model 69733, 9 passenger limousines built by the factory in 1967. (all 149.8" wheelbase)

If it's a custom body on a commercial chassis, model 68490 (156" wheelbase), there were 2333 made in 1967.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Otto Skorzeny

What does your id plate say?

There were 835 Series 75, model 69723, 9 passenger sedans and 965 Series 75, model 69733, 9 passenger limousines built by the factory in 1967. (all 149.8" wheelbase)

If it's a custom body on a commercial chassis, model 68490 (156" wheelbase), there were 2333 made in 1967.
fward

Otto Skorzeny

I have no idea why my post is listed twice. Pretty weird.
fward

jaxops

Quote from: ottoskorzeny on November 10, 2008, 10:07:15 AM
I have no idea why my post is listed twice. Pretty weird.

Otto - the bulletin board thought you needed emphasis!  Or you have a "fast-draw" mouse click!
1979 Lincoln Continental

Conny

Quote from: jaxops on November 10, 2008, 08:33:18 AM
In South Africa, it could well be rare.  In the States, probably not.  However, many people don't want to or can't (due to physical size and cost to restore) keep these behemoth limousines.  There are a fair number of them around in the USA today though.  I guess there are still enough of us nuts that prefer these big cars to the coupes.  Besides, you have a former presidential limousine!  That in itself makes your car unique, and very special.  I'm sure other members can comment on the production numbers, etc.  See if you can find out where it was made.  Was it a Hess & Eisenhardt car?  They made many of the presidential limousines for the US presidents.

In my opinion, the 1966 - 1968 Cadillacs were especially beautiful.  Probably because the first new car my father bought was a 1966 Cadillac limousine (he was a funeral director).  I loved the blue interiors they used back then.  Each segment of the Cadillac production had its own character and loveliness.  I was always taken with the stacked headlights, and the long tapered lines of these years.  Congratulations on a very nice limousine!

Seems like it's in better shape than my Limo,my car was imported around 1990 from New Jersey to Sweden. My Limo has partition window. I seen a lot of ths -67's without the partition window.
My car is street legal and right now I'm looking for a place to get some new paint to it.
It was black from the factory but now it's a ugly 'drive thru' white color.

jaxops

I love the picture of the limousine next to the tiny car.  You could rig a davit and hang the other car from the trunk!
1979 Lincoln Continental

Conny

Yes I use to joke about having a spare car in the trunk :-).

Doe's anybody know how many of the 965 manufactured had a partition window?
I seen many cars on e-bay and all without the partition window.

Kevin M. Parkinson

As Forrest posted above:

There were 965 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limousines (Style number 69733) produced.
There were 835 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Sedans      (Style number 69723) produced.

Model number 69733 had the divider window.
Model number 69723 had no divider window.

Yours is one of the 965 with a divider window.

Kevin
1925 V-63B Custom Suburban
1939 Series 9033F
1941 Series 6719
1956 Fleetwood 75 Imperial Sedan
1967 Sedan deVille
1968 Sedan deVille
1972 Fleetwood 75 Sedan
1972 S&S Cadillac Victoria Hearse Senior #779
1980 Fleetwood Limousine
1996 Sedan deVille
2006 DTS 1SD
2018 CT6 3.0TT Platinum
2018 Escalade ESV

Chevyguy78

Hey guys I just stumbled upon a 68 Fleetwood 75 Limo with no divider window in some horse trading I did. Its black with baby blue interior. The car is a strong 7 out of 10 but has climate control issues. It stays on heat all the time no matter where the t-stat wheel is positioned. I'm in Texas and was just wondering, just like this guy, what is this car's approx. worth here in the U.S.? Thanks for any info and I hope im not intruding on this post.

homeonprunehill

i03-03-09
Rassie,ae you sure your car isn't from  ND, when I got there in NOV of '62, the state had a law requireing that a parking light be  on when ever the igmion switch was on. CHEVGUY 78 I can give you the LEGAL defintion of what it is worth.Good Luck,Jim >:D

USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Ross M

Hi All,

I have one of these cars down here in Australia, mine is the sedan version without the divider. I've owned it for about two years after I imported it from the US. Based on some paper work in the car I think it spent most of it's life in Indiana owned by a funeral home. As far as I know there is only one other 67 Fleetwood 75 here in Australia.
Below is a link to a photo of it, though this was prior to the windows being treated to a very dark tint.

Cheers,
Ross

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn13/MPC561/DSC02392_b.jpg