News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Will a 1941 Heater fit in a 1938 Sixty Special

Started by Ohjai, August 27, 2023, 05:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohjai

'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

J. Russo

The heater Jim is referring to is the one in the photos I attached. Defrosting heater.

The biggest concern I have is the cutouts in the firewall may not line up with the heater for mounting and could result in new holes being drilled. Would also need to make sure there is room under the dash on the passenger side.
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hi, Just checking. The paint appears too yellow. The correct shade is more of a brown. Just to pass along, that heater caused a long distance argument between me and Carl Steig. He was adamant that Cadillac would never have used a common piece of pipe as a connection through the firewall. We got so loud that my wife came in from the other room to find out what we were yelling at one another about.

(I do have one of the "pipes" that has a mar on one end if anyone needs it.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Tom Beaver

I doubt it.  The 38 heater did not use the inlet and outlet pipes as the mounting brackets and the air outlet ducts on the 41 look like they would have clearance problems with 38 glove box.

I've attached a picture of a 38 heater.

Tom Beaver
 Heater3.jpg