News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Ark thrashing in progress and a logistics change for the GN

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, January 12, 2024, 12:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

When I stopped by the shop yesterday Gary be like "where the <DEL> is your bleep-box! I told you this week!"
Gary I texted Michael twice, I - "Get that bleep box here in the morning!" aye aye Sir

AND ANOTHER THING, YOU'RE NOT DRIVING THAT BLEEP BOX TO PA.
but...
YOU'RE A GIRL, YOU'RE NOT MAKING THAT TRIP ALONE. IF YOU WERE WITH A BUNCH OF GUYS AND THEIR CARS, FINE, BUT
YOU'RE ALONE. THAT CAR MAKES A SCENE WHERE EVER IT GOES, YOU CAN'T FIX IT IF THERE'S AN ISSUE, YOU'RE GOING
WITH INTERCITY.
but...

(For those of you who don't know Gary WELL, if he calls a car a bleep box, he likes it. If he oozes over a
car, he hates it. Its a thing...)

Intercity is at that shop 3 times a month, I'm hooked up. I didn't know they were a local (MA) company. They'll
pick up The Ark at the shop and drop him off there, that semi can't get near my house. American Airlines has a
jet non-stop from Boston to Harrisburg, round trip reservation made, friends are picking me up at the airport
and taking me to the hotel. I've been alive long enough, I've had enough battles in life, in business, in the
military to know when I'm not going to win an argument and to realize when the other person is probably right.
Yeah this adds a few extra bucks to the trip and I really wanted the bragging rights to say I drove the car there, whatever.
There are a couple of other local CLC members who want to go to the Nationals, working on getting them on the truck too.
...Everything happens for a reason...

So I drove my baby one more time today, got him there at 10AM.
"DID I TELL YOU IN THE MORNING?" I'm just standing there with my PPG paint gallon in one hand and an iced
coffee in the other. 'Its 10AM?' IT MAY AS WELL BE NOON!

I love these guys, I can't own this car without them.

"GET THAT BLEEP BOX INTO THE 'A' BAY" Yes sir.
I was almost out of the car as the lift started...

Took an Uber home, I had PT in a couple hours. And was THRILLED to find out I now have 50% more range of
motion in my arm than I did at the last evaluation, psyched! And I can 'sort of' move my right arm now 180
degrees, yes I'm cheating since I'm lying down but, I haven't been able to do that in almost 2 years! PSYCHED!
The shoulder is working and now my arm is starting to work again too, beyond happy.

Get a text from Michael - 'come and get the bumpers, Kevin is getting the seat Monday'
Awesome, NE Chrome already left a message for me, they'll be there until noon tomorrow for drop off. AWESOME!

Back to the shop with the SUV, Michael loaded the bumpers that are now in a million tiny pieces. The bay door
is shut but I see The Ark is still in the A bay."I want to go pat my car". Stay out of there, its already
being torn apart, my father is thrashing on it. Hey Michael, I did so well at PT today! I have 50% more range of motion in
my arm! Isn't that great? Michael high-fived me. "AWESOME! You'll be back to prostitution before you know it."     
'I may have to with what this job will cost...'

Which made Michael double over. And my job here, was done.

And they both got a copy of the "honey do" list, Rev B. Its 10 pages now, everything CORRECT, everything
AUTHENTIC 1970. Trunk is stuffed with parts.

Time for a nap, I'll be up at the crack of dawn to get to Hartford before noon, CT LTC in my wallet.

Don't you wish you had as much FUN with your car, with your cars' people, as I do?  ;)
#TheArk #ArkNRoll #TheTribe #HyannisVintageAuto #CadillacGrandNationals2024 #HowMuchFunIsThis 

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

James Landi

''Don't you wish you had as much FUN with your car, with your cars' people, as I do?  ;)''

Another Laurie lyrical narrative, such a treat on a cold Maine morning, following Wednesday's unnamed damaging hurricane.  And absolutely YES!!! I certainly do wish there'd be someone local who'd take an interest in my automotive affliction.  I was so counting on my local independent ''brothers'  garage'' whom we depend upon to keep my clunkers on the road.  They absolutely refuse to work on the Allante, ''We don't work on old cars''-- so at my advanced age, I've changed out the brake hoses, the fan module, the brake accumulator, and purchased the equipment and charged the a/c.  Now, less than 2 years short of 80, I'm thinking I've got too many old, fully depreciated possessions that no one in my family cares about.  As Thoreau  stated, ''Simplify, simplify, simplify.''  Happy day, James

billyoung

So good to hear that you are up to 50% on usage of your arm. I think the transport of your car long distance makes sense as if something happened along the way finding an actual mechanic and not an endless chain of plug the computer in parts changers is getting scarcer all the time.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

wrefakis

no more like you stole it?
hell,thats how mine would travel,you know,the statue?

rwchatham CLC 21892

Dam all that real car people drive their cars , screw the people that trailer them ,  best shops  on the planet working on my baby and it cant make a day trip now ? The world is just going crazy 😜 
R. Waligora

wrefakis

Lexi

Quote from: billyoung on January 12, 2024, 08:27:31 AMSo good to hear that you are up to 50% on usage of your arm. I think the transport of your car long distance makes sense as if something happened along the way finding an actual mechanic and not an endless chain of plug the computer in parts changers is getting scarcer all the time.

If travelling on the road at that time and within a reasonable distance, I would come and rescue the Laurie-meister and the Ark.

Lexi

Quote from: wrefakis on January 12, 2024, 09:17:12 AMno more like you stole it?

LMFAO! Wrefakis just when I have been able to stop laughing over your original "statue" post you did it again! I think that one should be etched in a precious metal and displayed from my rear view mirror. Clay/Lexi

wrefakis

I am fine with that description,it is a statue,as are other works of art.
that said,last spring i drove it 50 miles on highway on 47 year old tires,and 4 year old fuel,no issues
70 has never left me on road

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: wrefakis on January 12, 2024, 09:17:12 AMno more like you stole it?

That car will get its <DEL> beat on before then, 7 shows so far before the Nationals, 2 out of state. Not even
CLOSE to being a statue, LOL!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on January 12, 2024, 09:27:46 AMDam all that real car people drive their cars , screw the people that trailer them ,  best shops  on the planet working on my baby and it cant make a day trip now ? The world is just going crazy 😜 

What class is your car in at the Nationals? See you there....

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: wrefakis on January 12, 2024, 09:49:18 AM20$ in service and cant go 200 miles?

I'd trust that car cross country before I'd trust my daily driver.
I just have actual pro car people looking out for me. Its not the car, its my legal
fees if I have to off the vaccinated en route. They have a point.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: wrefakis on January 12, 2024, 05:31:26 PMI am fine with that description,it is a statue,as are other works of art.
that said,last spring i drove it 50 miles on highway on 47 year old tires,and 4 year old fuel,no issues
70 has never left me on road

Looking forward to seeing you and that car at the Nationals.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

badpoints

Doesn't matter how your car got to the Nationals, it matters that it is there.

wrefakis

weather permitting i will be there
car will not
however it will be out for photos around april,you are welcome to a set

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: James Landi on January 12, 2024, 07:29:28 AM''Don't you wish you had as much FUN with your car, with your cars' people, as I do?  ;)''

Another Laurie lyrical narrative, such a treat on a cold Maine morning, following Wednesday's unnamed damaging hurricane.  And absolutely YES!!! I certainly do wish there'd be someone local who'd take an interest in my automotive affliction.  I was so counting on my local independent ''brothers'  garage'' whom we depend upon to keep my clunkers on the road.  They absolutely refuse to work on the Allante, ''We don't work on old cars''-- so at my advanced age, I've changed out the brake hoses, the fan module, the brake accumulator, and purchased the equipment and charged the a/c.  Now, less than 2 years short of 80, I'm thinking I've got too many old, fully depreciated possessions that no one in my family cares about.  As Thoreau  stated, ''Simplify, simplify, simplify.''  Happy day, James

James plenty of beautiful seaside homes available here with little to no snow. It would be my pleasure to show you around. To the car shops, then we'll get to the houses...

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: billyoung on January 12, 2024, 08:27:31 AMSo good to hear that you are up to 50% on usage of your arm. I think the transport of your car long distance makes sense as if something happened along the way finding an actual mechanic and not an endless chain of plug the computer in parts changers is getting scarcer all the time.

Thanks Bill, BLESSED the arm is coming along, others have it so much worse. Best to you and your better half.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: wrefakis on January 12, 2024, 06:45:54 PMweather permitting i will be there
car will not
however it will be out for photos around april,you are welcome to a set

I have car magazine photogs up here, but thanks anyway.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville