News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical / Authenticity / Re: Zinc additives
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 07:30:27 PM
I also use Valvoline VR1 as well as Lucas Hot Rod and Classic Motor Oil, with WIX brand filters. Clay/Lexi
General Discussion / Re: Why Did I Receive This???
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: Jon S on Yesterday at 04:44:51 PMAppreciate your help. Was just getting frustrated

Not a reflection on the CLC Forum techs, but my direct experience working with others in this field is that a lot of them are among the world's worst communicators. They seem to forget that not everyone is in possession of their same skill set. People attend school to learn computer and programing skills as there is a lot to learn. It certainly is not for everyone, a situation made worse as many CLC members are from an era where all this computer-geek stuff did not exist so they have a generational deficit. As the new look Forum was supposed to take effect May 1st, but was delayed some 15 days, there were obviously issues that even our techs were delayed in sorting out. Stuff that is way over the heads of most members. So Jon, as a dues paying member I feel your pain! These kind of issues are indeed frustrating. Clay/Lexi
General Discussion / Re: 1940 La Salle Convertible ...
Last post by Tom Boehm - Yesterday at 07:23:29 PM
Bob is right, That is the engine unit number, not the vin/chassis number. The frame serial number/vin is on the top of the frame, left side, but on the diagonal closer to the steering box.

Also I'm pretty sure you have a series 52 Lasalle. There was no such series 54 Lasalle.

The serial number confusion is due to the fact the surface on the engine where the engine unit number is stamped also is where the serial number/vin is stamped. The serial number is a 7 digit number with no letters. If the serial number on the engine and the frame match, then that car has the original factory engine. If not then the engine has been  changed at some point. If that is the case, then the serial number on the frame should be the vin number on the title in my opinion.
General Discussion / Re: Personal message limit
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 07:06:51 PM
Mine was like that too.  I assumed that at some point the limit was changed and it was a glitch that came up if you were over when the limit changed.
I have heard from friends that selling on "Bring a Trailer" will sometimes bring good results. Although, I would also place a reserve on the car, as even very nice older cars aren't bringing what one might have expected some years ago. One thing they mentioned was to take lots and LOTS of pictures.

Even with the known 60K result some time ago, it is possible that you might not realize anything close to that figure nowadays. So, you might have to make a couple of stabs at disposing of the car. Best of luck.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1976 CdV $13,500 17,000...
Last post by cadillacjack - Yesterday at 06:52:47 PM
Last of the big ones !   at 5400lbs  it is about 2.25 per pound  5400x2.25  13,500 
General Discussion / Re: 1982 Eldorado Hubcap Locks
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 06:29:25 PM
They are supposed to be identified by color.  The 'keys' have a colored plastic cap to identify them.  If you can see any signs of the color you may be able to find one on a place like ebay. 

Without the key I'm not sure.  If they were off recently you would have a chance of turning it with something like a long nose vicegrip but if they have been sitting a while they could be sort of stuck. I guess you could try some of the stripped nut removal tools.  I don't think its big enough for a locking lug nut removal tool to work.
General Discussion / 1982 Eldorado Hubcap Locks
Last post by BigOldGroundBoat - Yesterday at 06:14:31 PM
I got an 82 Eldorado with locking hubcaps and no key. Is ther any way to unlock them without the key? If anyone is willing to sell one let me know.
Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on Yesterday at 04:49:06 PMWhat I can't understand is how Jon was still able to post under "reading-only" status?  ??? 

As to the rest, the CLC number would probably need to have been entered into the proper field sometime before today in order to keep posting privileges uninterrupted. Over the last few weeks I received several email reminders to update my profile not realizing that displaying the CLC number in other areas would soon not be recognized.
Because he posted after I processed the email that I received. I am guessing he noticed the typo in the email address.

Any updates after May 1st would be correct since the field was a required field from that date. Unfortunately, a number of people did not read the notices or ignored them.

Stefan
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1949 Series 62 Front Sprin...
Last post by SaltLife97 - Yesterday at 05:12:14 PM
test