News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 turn signal electrical gremlin

Started by Kevin Wiles CLC Member, February 10, 2005, 10:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Wiles CLC Member

All turn signals work front and back except the right rear.  Brake light does not work back there either.  Tail lights work.  I had a guy use a test light and he said he couldnt figure it out.  He never got under the carpet, could the problem be between the dash and the trunk compartment?

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Kevin,

Sounds like a grounding problem to me.

Make sure thaat the lamp holder and all electrical contacts are clean, and that the lamp base is properly grounded to the body.

Does the tail light fillament operate correctly in the same globe?

If it does, then check the actual wire at the terminal to be sure that the end hasnt become disconnected.

A simple trouble light, or multimeter, will be invaluable in chasing the flow of current.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Anthony #20485

I have same problem with my 68 Eldo. The problem is caused by my turn signal switch. Trying to find a nos turn signal switch (boine).

Kevin Wiles

even though the front right turn signal works, and the right rear doesnt, it could be the signal lever switch??????????

Robert Koch 21150

You have checked the lamp I hope. There are two filaments in the lamp, a biggun an uh lillun. I would look at the socket itself for physical damage. Look for rust on the base, or corrosion on the contact pin. Then check to see that the wire hasnt just let go inside the socket at the back of the contact pin. Resolder if necessary. There is also a spring behind each contact pin. Next check to see if the wire has been damaged elsewhere, follow it physically back from the socket to the harness.