News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

Removing Beltline trim on a 1957 Convertible

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, January 08, 2013, 08:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello,
    i am in the process of removing  the beltline trim on my 57 convertible . The reason i am doing this is to replace the winder (Fuzzy ) wiper .  I have removed 3 of the 4 screws  that are accessible from inside the car , the forth is on the outside next to the convertible top   . My top is up now , but i think i have to lower the top to get the forth screw out . After all 4 screws are removed should the beltline trim lift off ? the last thing i want to do is distort the trim  Is there any clips to remove ? do you need a special tool ? any help would be greatly appreciated .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello,
     Beltline molding is off and in perfect  condition . The trick was the top must be down and that gives plenty access to the last screw , also all of the back seat interior panels must be off so you can jockey around the  back window to gain access to the screws .  now comes another challenge . Removing the old weatherstrip ( Fuzzy )  they are put on with heavy staples .  You must take your time and be careful not to scratch the stainless .   This has turned out to be a nice winter project . You never stop learning about your car if you do the work yourself .   All the more reason to get a little tic off when you see these guys pulling up with new camaros at the car shows . they have no idea what we go through to keep these great old cars on the road .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS