News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1954 coupe DeVille restoration

Started by rockyrhoads, April 13, 2015, 06:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockyrhoads

just started to ground up on this beauty. Bought it from the second owner . He owned it since 1959. the car according to hom and the odometer has 74K and it started and drove ( did not drive far as the brakes do not work) It seems to have rear ac as a refrigerant line runs to the rear fans. It seems to have a compressor clutch that is manually engaged from under the hood. Also looks like 2 fan motors . one in each fender well for heat to the front compartment.Waiting for a build sheet from the archives as well as a shop manuel to address some of these questions but any advice will be greatly appreciated. She has never been hit but he told me the grandkids sanded it down for a repaint(never happened) so I will be sending the body to the media blast guys. seems to have anything that could have been put on in 1954. could some one tell me how to get the front center cowl piece off? all the rest was easy to remove along with the front and rear glass but this piece has me baffeled.
                                                                                                                       Thanks
                                                                                                                               Michael

Bill Young

56 Eldorado

If it is similar to a '56, there is a snap-on clip in the center.  I used a putty knife with just a little pressure and it popped off.
Tom Modaff  CLC #26179

rockyrhoads

rockyrhoads

rockyrhoads

rockyrhoads

rockyrhoads

Smedly

Call me SICK, but a little clear coat and chrome polish and that baby would be in the wind >:D
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

rockyrhoads

Just got back the original carter carburetor, will have another original carter carb for sale soon.

rockyrhoads

continuing on with suspension......seems like the rear shocks are easy to find but the front ones are avoiding my searches any help?

rockyrhoads

Todays hard work 4/20/15 got the motor out and sent to engine shop for some work.

55 cadi

Hello Michael,

Great Cadillac.

As far as the shocks, the front shocks can be found on eBay.

Like yourself, I have not found them anywhere else, yet.

Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

rockyrhoads

thanks for the update on the shocks got front and rear gabriel for $110. Can anyone lead me to someone who can rebuild the electric window motors or a site where I can buy OEM replacements?

rockyrhoads

She is almost ready to be sent to get blasted.

rockyrhoads

She been blasted.

rockyrhoads

rockyrhoads

more

Bill Young

Looking good! , She is loaded. Factory Air Autronic Eye and Fog Lights. Probably has 4 way power seat also. Nice!

rockyrhoads

Yes Bill Young she is. Thanks buddy.