News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 Deville Convertible Frame

Started by dmm663, April 19, 2024, 05:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmm663

Can anyone tell me if the 1967 Cadillac Coupe Deville frame is the same as the Deville Convertible, or is there any other frame that is the same?

James Landi

David,
Don't know for certain, but in my experience, convertible frames have more heft (weight/strategic integrated structural steel) --- for example, the 80's Eldorado convertibles were 250 pounds heavier than the coupe-- (roof on sedans and coupes is lighter than the addition frame structure that keeps the car from bending!).  James

Warren Rauch #4286

The answer to this question is a surprise to me. Older models did use a different frame on conv.

Part # 1488863 fits 1965-67 all except 60s,75,CC,Fleetwood Brougham & 67 Eldorado (All with 129.5 inch wheelbase)
       Hollander note; On conv. models rear axle stop brackets need to be added or removed.
       Cadillac note: to order new ones.

67 Shop manual section 2; Conv uses some different and one more body mount.

Warren

The Tassie Devil(le)

Convertible frames have heavier gauge steel in critical places to control flexing.   Especially at the side rails.

Plus, there are different body mounts in places.

Plus, the Convertible body has strengthened Sills to further stop flexing.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon