News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Why Did I Receive This???

Started by Jon S, Today at 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon S

I am a paid up member for years and updated my profile with my CLC Number
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

dn010

It's because you didn't update your profile with your CLC number in the proper place. You need to send your forum username, CLC number and email address to the webmaster.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

Jon S

I don't see your CLC Number. No instructions as to "right place"
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

dn010

Scroll all the way to the top and click on the arrow next to your username. Then click account settings. Under your account settings, scroll down and you'll see an area to enter your CLC number. It seems your CLC number is entered into your signature.

My CLC number should display to the left of this post a few lines under my profile photo.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

Jon S

Well I corrected everything and sent an email with the required information- now it says I am not a member!
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Jon S

Now you have me wasting my time - I sent the email as requested and received this:
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

dn010

Sorry I'm wasting your time, I'm only telling you what was PM'd to me and what is literally shown at the top of this page in the news section:

"News:
The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges."

It appears you're able to post so the thought of entering the CLC number in the correct area might do it.

Sorry for trying to help you and wasting your time. Good luck to you.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

Jason Edge

Quote from: Jon S on Today at 03:55:13 PMWell I corrected everything and sent an email with the required information- now it says I am not a member!
Jon, Your CLC Number was in the wrong place. We have been stating your CLC Number will have to be in the correct CLC Number field for weeks now. After you corrected this and sent Stefan an email, he or an admin has to change your access.  We are all human, this takes time, and we will get ALL CLC member back in, but you WILL have to have your CLC number in the correct spot. Our webmaster's email is webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org, but again don't expect immediate response. I went ahead and changed your status back to full access.
I ask everyone to be patient. If you are a paid CLC # and don't have your number in the right spot it is not the end of the world. We will get everything sorted. Jason.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Jon S

Jason - I put my CLC Number in the correct spot 2 hours ago. I will be patient. The site is not very user friendly. Sorry for the misunderstanding
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

Email received and processed, you are reinstated.

BTW, placing your CLC number in the correct place does not automatically change your status. The presence or absence of a valid CLC number was used to decide whether or not the status was changed this morning, while the forums were in maintenance mode. 
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725

Jon S

Quote from: dn010 on Today at 04:06:52 PMSorry I'm wasting your time, I'm only telling you what was PM'd to me and what is literally shown at the top of this page in the news section:

"News:
The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges."

It appears you're able to post so the thought of entering the CLC number in the correct area might do it.

Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Jon S

Quote from: dn010 on Today at 04:06:52 PMSorry I'm wasting your time, I'm only telling you what was PM'd to me and what is literally shown at the top of this page in the news section:

"News:

Appreciate your help. Was just getting frustrated
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

What I can't understand is how Jon was still able to post under "reading-only" status?  ??? 

As to the rest, the CLC number would probably need to have been entered into the proper field sometime before today in order to keep posting privileges uninterrupted. Over the last few weeks I received several email reminders to update my profile not realizing that displaying the CLC number in other areas would soon not be recognized.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on Today at 04:49:06 PMWhat I can't understand is how Jon was still able to post under "reading-only" status?  ??? 

As to the rest, the CLC number would probably need to have been entered into the proper field sometime before today in order to keep posting privileges uninterrupted. Over the last few weeks I received several email reminders to update my profile not realizing that displaying the CLC number in other areas would soon not be recognized.
Because he posted after I processed the email that I received. I am guessing he noticed the typo in the email address.

Any updates after May 1st would be correct since the field was a required field from that date. Unfortunately, a number of people did not read the notices or ignored them.

Stefan
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725