News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Want To Buy - Parts / Re: 1941 Cadillac front fender...
Last post by harry s - Today at 10:52:46 AM
The 61, 63 & 67 Series front fenders interchange. Try Larry Lawrence in Texas.
Harry
General Discussion / Re: Maurice Hendry Passed Away
Last post by J. Skelly - Today at 10:27:35 AM
I really appreciate all of the effort Maurice put into his great Cadillac book.  It set a standard for all automobile books. 
I have already banned the offending registration, that is why it does not show up in searches

Stefan
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Another ill transmission
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 10:13:44 AM
So those parts are more or less supposed to be one unit?
General Discussion / Re: Maurice Hendry Passed Away
Last post by Lexi - Today at 10:04:29 AM
Yes, another great one gone. RIP and condolences to his friends and family. Clay/Lexi
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: Shepard Cadillac Oakland C...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 10:03:28 AM
Quote from: FINZ Editor New Zealand on March 18, 2024, 09:38:39 PMHi. Has anyone got or know where I can source either an original or reproduction license plate FRAME I can attach to my 1968 Calais that was sold by Shepard Cadillac in Oakland, CA in December 1967. An example is attached (plate number not mine). OR if anyone knows where I can source someone that produce a similar plate with raised letters and I will have one re-created. I did wonder if any old cars in wrecking yards in Oakland may be a source? Could anyone suggest such a yard? Any suggestions, gratefully received.

Hello Ron. American dealer licence plate frames regularly come up for sale on Ebay.com (USA). That may be your best bet, but would probably take a while. Clay/Lexi
Technical / Authenticity / Re: I'm replacing my big batte...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 09:56:52 AM
First start of the season for Lexi a few days ago, and the battery was near death. Was fortunate to locate a new 3EE locally. The old one lasted 6.75 years. Not a pleasant job to replace, just make sure your fender is well covered and protected. Hand-bombing is the best way to remove and install at an angle of somewhere between 45 and 90 degrees. Yikes. Don't know about the vintage batteries, but the new ones should have baffles inside the caps which delay any battery acid leakage when tipped, (at least for a short time). Wear gloves just in case. Clay/Lexi
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1956 Cad oil pump coversio...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 09:46:49 AM
Quote from: CRAIG LEWIS on Today at 09:36:44 AMJohn,

Ran across your post and am wondering how this all worked out for you. Did you use a 59 pump and did it work fine without any modifications. I am going to rebuild my 56 and eliminating the vacuum as well. Any ideas on getting a rebuilt 59 if that is the way to go?

Thanks
Craig

Sadly, John is no longer with us. Clay/Lexi
John,

Ran across your post and am wondering how this all worked out for you. Did you use a 59 pump and did it work fine without any modifications. I am going to rebuild my 56 and eliminating the vacuum as well. Any ideas on getting a rebuilt 59 if that is the way to go?

Thanks
Craig
Quote from: Lockhouse on Yesterday at 09:15:18 AMThanks Jeff - we don't have Marvel here in the UK but we have something close. Would you add to fuel, oil or both?

I add to both. But in this situation, oil would be the best bang for your buck. Need it to slowly, and gently clean up in there.