News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Wiring harness

Started by BIGTOM, January 01, 2014, 11:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGTOM

OK,
I've decided to go with a new wiring harness with my '59 coupe deville. What's the best route to go? I saw that Painless has one... are there any others that you all could recommend? Trying to minimize electrical issues.

Thanks

Doc Hubler

Here is YnZ's Yesterday's Parts (CA).  I've used them for my Hudsons and they have been good to work with and easy to install (well, as easy as this sort of thing can get to be).  Depending on what you have, it will cost around $2000.

http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/pdfs/Cadillac_and_Lasalle.pdf
Tim Hubler #28450

1948 Cadillac 4862X 4Dr Sedan

1933 Hudson Standard 8
1940 Plymouth Bus. Coupe
1941 Hudson Pickup, Bus. Coupe, Sedan
1942 DeSoto Club Coupe
1946 Dodge 3W Bus. Coupe
1946 Chevrolet Suburban
1950 Hudson Commodore Coupe / Pacemaker Sedan
1951 Hudson Hornet
1955 Chevrolet 1/2T Pickup
1956 Hudson Super Wasp
1960 Dodge Dart
1967 Oldsmobile Toronado
1968 Mercury Park Lane Brougham

Dan LeBlanc

I looked and looked. A lot of places will touch the older stuff but around '59/60 some places don't go that new. The one I found that would is M&H Electrical Fabricators. Www.wiringharness.com.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

imotors

I used YNZ's for my 54 Skylark. I've NEVER done wiring before, and was terrified. Piece of cake with great support from them!! HIGHLY recommend!
steve apter

dorrsulee

I used summit racing universal wire harness on my 38 cad. every wire is marked every few inches and color coded. comes with a fuse box and flashers and horn relay. well worth the $300.00 I spent.
If you want a exact replacement expect to spend a lot more.  l dorf