News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need source for exhaust system; 75 Fleetwood Brougham

Started by Richard Paley #1066, March 27, 2005, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Paley #1066

My low mileage 75 Fleetwood Brougham needs a new system, from the cat, back.  NOS does not seem available, but Im not a bug on authenticity -  at least for the exhaust system.  Any suggestions for satisfactory aftermarket replacements?  Im looking for very quiet sound.  I guess theres always Walker, Midas, or Meineke.  Thanks for your help.

Doug Houston

You might try Classic Exhaust. They advertise in the Self-Starter and I get the impression that they can do almost anything. Ive bought a few Stainless systems from them and the work looks good. While I havent installed them as yet, I expect no problems. they make both regular steel systems as well as stainless.

I have to agree with you on exhaust shops. They cobble up just anything to get you out of the door, and it can be done from who knows what?

Richard Paley #1066

Thanks for the heads up on Classic Exhausts.  I may give them a try.  FYI: Not too long ago, I bought a muffler and pipe for my 36 sedan from Waldron, who advertises in HMN.  It turned out the product had no baffles.  It was straight through and made my 36 Cadillac sound like a Harley.  When I complained, he got real nasty and told me to call back in 4 months when his busy season was over. USA parts also advertises exhaust systems for my year.

Doug Houston

Unfortunately, Ive never known anyone to buy from our friend in Nottawa and had the part fit or even the correct part. Ive seen him get pretty steamed up when hes presented with the facts. I cant understand how he figures things out.

I helped a guy try to install one of his exhaust pipes on a 48 Cadillac once, and it was miles from the right shape. I finally had to give the guy a pipe from my stash. Burt got pretty hostile over that issue at a swap meet a bit later.

Brett 21441

and I would recommend a full custom dual exhaust with Dynomax super turbo or Walker standard quiet mufflers.  Aftermarket Cat(s) too. Will make a big difference and in regular steel will not be terribly expensive. It is just pipe and labor, albeit alot of it!