News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Were red wheels available in ´38?

Started by Mike, March 28, 2005, 11:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Can anyone tell me if red wheels were available in 1938 Cadillacs? If so, were the wheels available with Paint no 2 Antoinnette Blue. What is the correct red, and where is it available today. Thanks.

Bill Ingler CLC# 7799

Mike- My Cadillac Master Chassis Body List shows red wheels were only available in 38 with body code 1(black) and body code 5 (Moleskin Gray). Body code 2(Antionette Blue) wheel color was only offered as Antionette Blue.

Doug Houson

In general, up to 1942, red wheels were used only on gray body colors and on black. There was more than one color of red over the years, but Vincennes red was used the most, it appears. I have used 60 Ford Monte Carlo Red for Vincennes Red. Its mighty close.

Starting in 1942, there were lots of body colors that had red wheels . Youd have to check the parts books to determine which ones they were.

There are lots of pre-42 cars out there with red wheels where they should not be. Its up to the owner of course, but he should lose points in judging for it.