News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Cadillac Series( plural?)

Started by JIM CLC # 15000, September 27, 2006, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM CLC # 15000

09-26-06
TO:All Lovers and owners of Used,Abused and Misused Cadilacs and Cadilac-La Salles. The other day I was looking at the Motors Manual and I realized that there were several Series(plural) of Cadillacs that I had never heard of before. Namely the ones listed here;      Series(plural) [dont know how to spell the plural of Series]

1936 Series 70-1937 Series 65,70 1938-Series 65 1939-Series 1940, No odd ball series listed    1941 Series 63,67  1942 Series 61 63 & 67 1946 thru 1951 Series 61.

Is my motors Manual Correct? Commets, Anyone..
Good Luck,JIM

john fotakis

hi jim.  according to yanns database the above series were all official series. { series must be the plural of series, dont you think ? i hope so !! }

Fred Garfield 22310

Series is one of those strange nouns that can be singular or plural, depending on what youre describing.

Singular: The World Series is not like it used to be.

Plural: He attended several World Series.

Another common example would be the noun pair.

Singular: A pair of pants.

Plural: Several pair of pants.

John #22631

Also the word, Shrimp. Ah, one of my favorite foods!!

John

Geoff Newcombe #4719

Youre right Fred but youll need to use a different example than pair.  The plural of pair is pairs according to my dictionary,  So you would buy a PAIR of pants or several PAIRS of pants.