News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Sex & the Single Girl

Started by Carfreak, January 02, 2024, 07:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

Barry are you watching TCM right now? 

The extended highway driving scene that just ended had lots of 50s and early 60s Cadillacs, other GM makes.

1960 Cad, 1958 60S, 1956 Eldo, another 1960, early stacked headlight Pontiac, lots of Olds, 1956 Savoy and so much more. The color is amazing and so are the cars. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I thought about it, but was doing something else, I guess. I'll try to remember that when I need something to watch in the evening when TCM doesn't have anything on that I want to watch.

I'll be getting a bunch of stuff together for you for the GN auction soon. Including a stone chipped clear 1941 fog lamp lens. The last pair I had of these I'd just washed and had them lying on my patio to dry. Art Isles came over, saw them and said, "These are MINE." (I'd really taken them off a junk car, but he also knew of it and had just not taken them off.) That happened sometimes in the "old days of the 1960s.")
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

jwwseville60

Great car scenes in that movie.
It still amazes me what a big deal they made of unmarried sex back in those days. Pretty lame and square patriarchal attitudes. Thank gosh for the Summer of Love, 1967.
And the 1967 Eldorado...
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Lexi

Hope to watch this one tonight. This is one film I have never seen. Thanks for the tip Sue. Back in the old Mid Century Cadillac CLC Forum, a number of us regularly noted old movies with great Cadillac car scenes. Our descriptions of these read a lot like yours. Wish I now had access to those posts. Got a few I remember that I will re-write in the future. Always nice to see our old Cadillacs back in the day and "in the wild". Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Just finished watching it. Lots of fluff for fans of Tony Curtis and Natalie Wood, both of whom I always liked. Nice homage also paid to Billy Wilder's classic Some Like it Hot. But nice selection of great traffic scenes for about the last 15 minutes or so as well. Worth the wait. Lots of Caddies! From a coninuity perspective, manys scenes show the same cars 2 or 3 times. But that is OK as we get to look at them more than once! Loved that big black 1959 convertible and also that '58 Fleetwood I think it was. Even a second or so before the end title credits rolled there was what appeared to be a black 1960 Series 75 parked in the airport drop off zone. Clay/Lexi