News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1957 Brougham, engine wiring replacement

Started by Roger Zimmermann, April 09, 2018, 03:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Zimmermann

@ Steve: for the fifties, that wiring was effectively complex. Compared to a modern car, it's very basic...

@ Ralph: the scale is 1:12; thanks for that publicity! Of course, it I would do a Cadillac, I would publish it here. For those who don't want to register in the Mark II forum, you can see the whole story here: http://forums.aaca.org/topic/145354-construction-of-a-continental-mark-ii-model-scale-112/
As Ralph wrote, you will need some time to go through all pages (more than 70) and you will increase the number of views, more than 300'000!

@ Christopher: well, when I'm ready will all my tasks, I could read again the Job's story!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

V63

Roger, I’m sure you are familiar with the ‘wiring diagram’ page from the factory service manual🤓🧐

What were they thinking! 😳

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: V63 on July 11, 2018, 05:13:12 AM
Roger, I’m sure you are familiar with the ‘wiring diagram’ page from the factory service manual🤓🧐

What were they thinking! 😳
Yes, I am! you are right, its very difficult to read. Finally, I numbered the lines/wires to have the proper continuity from one page to the other one!
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

V63

I made a HUGE poster size, color keyed, diagram I could offer copies to those that would like.

FYI: Image size to accept post here is poor quality

Kurt Kjelgaard

Just found this thread and happy to see that it is not too old.

Roger, from where did you get the new wiring harness?
I have been searching for a new dash and forward harness for my 57 series 75. I believe
that I can use a series 60 or 62 harness, as most of the difference in the -75 is from dash and rearwards.
Anyway, noone has the harness I want and those who makes them on order are in the States and need my old harness or parts of it to make a copy which makes it impractical and expensive as I am in Europe.

Any ideas?
Kurt Kjelgaard
1957 7533X Imperial Sedan
CLC #23671

Roger Zimmermann

Glad that my report was seen again! I got the wiring from Ynz's Yesterdays parts: https://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/ Search under Antique & classics. With some minor errors, I was very satisfied from the wiring. I had also the complete wiring for my '56 Biarritz from the same company. I can only recommend!
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

David King (kz78hy)

M&H Electrical fabricators can provide a new harness with most of the OE connectors.  I worked with them several years ago to create my harnesses.

Here is Tom's email.  tom@wiringharness.com

They did a great job of making prints for all the harnesses in the Brougham.

They have all the correct GM obsolete wiring connectors which makes their items very good.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Kurt Kjelgaard

Thanks to both of you for the info - I'll contact both and see what they come up with
Kurt Kjelgaard
1957 7533X Imperial Sedan
CLC #23671