News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1957 Sedan "Blister" rear quarter trim spears, Driver Side Needed

Started by dn010, September 30, 2021, 09:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dn010

I'm looking for both the "thick" and "thin" blister spears for the driver rear quarters of my 1957 Sedan Deville. Any condition considered, this is a driver so I am not looking for show quality. What do you have? Thanks.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

dn010

Adding photo for reference, this is my car in 2009!

-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

dn010

So, depending on UPS's handling and how it looks once it has arrived, I have found the "skinny" piece of trim.

Now seeking just the thick/wide lower long piece of stainless.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

pippinfam5

I need the "thin" piece of the same part.  passenger side for 57 coupe de ville.  If anyone knows where to find one.

Cade Pippin

dn010

There is one on eBay but it is steep, $1200 in perfect condition. Luckily, it is the thin piece of trim that can be used on either side of the car, it is the thick trim that is specific to either driver or passenger side. If I come across one that is not so pricey in my quest to find the sedan trim, I will send you a message.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

Dexfoster

Anyone know if the 58 quarter trim is the same?
If so I might have what you need.
Dex
210 842 0373
Dex1244734@yahoo.com
1947 sedanette
1947 sedan
1946 sedan
1957 coupe deville

dn010

I can't tell you if they're the same or not, but I can provide measurements of what the thin trim should be on the 57 coupe if you want to compare, I just won't be able to do it for a few hours.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

dn010

The small trim for the coupe is 94" long and 5/8" wide coming to a point on one end.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

dn010

Bringing this to the top, this is the last piece I need (that I know of) to complete the exterior of my car.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

dn010

-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

francis58

dn010

Hi Gary, will text shortly to see what you've got. Thanks.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

dn010

One thing led to another, and I was unable to obtain this part. Multiple NOS pieces are still available, but looking for something in a more "driver" quality. Anyone?
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Dan,
Realistically..... you are lucky to find any NOS. How much are they asking??? If I had a NOS one, I'd be real happy to get $150 plus postage.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

dn010

Hi Bob,
There is a company in Canada that has nearly half a dozen of these all priced at $300 plus shipping to the states which is a killer, not to mention who knows how long it would take to get here and what condition it would arrive in. I had someone who had a dinged/creased one who wanted $200+shipping which I didn't bite on but the real kicker is I recently could have had one with a fixable crease for $80 but I just found out that the owner just sold the parts car with it attached! I have a coupe one that I can cut down so all hope is not lost, just like to test the waters now and again.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean