News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Brief explanation of the recent loss of pictures

Started by Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster), March 13, 2024, 11:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

Before the discussions start, a brief explanation of what happened to cause the recent loss of pictures. Due to the earlier major loss of images, I had made a copy of the forums and placed that on a separate part of our server. This test copy is intended to testing out some major changes to be made to the forums, before implementing on our actual data. Unfortunately, and this is what I am investigating, making some changes in the settings of the test copy, somehow "leaked " over to the live site. This resulted in pictures being stored in the test copy area. As I am testing clean up and reduction in size of the picture files, this resulted in the loss of the pictures. 

While i expected that having a test copy would insulate the forum participants from further inconvenience, that did not work out. However, if I cannot find out how the transfer of settings occurred, I am preparing to make a backup of the live forums before making any changes on the text copy, just in case.

Like before, my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced,

Stefan
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725

Highwayman68

In our little world here in this forum we are lucky to have someone willing to do the work. Things don't always go as planned for many reasons but the fact that you are willing to do it is more than enough to over shadow when things like this happens. Thanks Stefan for making the effort to help!
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

Quote from: Highwayman68 on March 14, 2024, 12:08:46 PMIn our little world here in this forum we are lucky to have someone willing to do the work. Things don't always go as planned for many reasons but the fact that you are willing to do it is more than enough to over shadow when things like this happens. Thanks Stefan for making the effort to help!
Thank you for these kind words, reactions like this make it a pleasure to work for the members of this august organization,

Stefan
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725