News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1973 Cadillac Original Indy Pace Car

Started by Bdk437, July 01, 2018, 11:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bdk437

I’ve seen a number of 73’ Cadillac Celebrity Indy  Pace cars but I know what
Happened to the one original real pace car.
My Mom’s boyfriend bought the pace car after the race and drove it for years.
Bob Bailey brought it back to Ft lauderdale FL. I rode in it a number of times
After he bought it he always parked it under the condo building right on the beach.
I have a few images of it.
I’m leaving this information assuming some always wondered what happened to it..
unfortunately it rotted away from the salt air.
Not sure where else to leave the info. Pass this on or let me know if anyone would like hear more.

James Landi

By all means, post some pictures, and additional narrative information is always of interest on this site.  You mentioned that it "rotted away."   Perhaps some more information about its demise-- how long did it last? --- , and if any one took an interest in attempting to save it for an ignominious demise?   And thank you for taking the time to post this... Gratefully,  James

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Our resident expert on 1973 Eldo Pace Cars, Tim Paul,
likely knows something about this and if not -- I'm
sure he would like to know anything you turn up.
He has one.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region