News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

What is the value?

Started by Roger Zimmermann, May 03, 2011, 05:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Zimmermann

A good friend of mine in the USA sent me a Brougham advertising and wrote "give me what you think is worth to you"
What is the value of such ad? $15? $25? More? Any idea?

Thank you for a fair estimate!

Roger, Switzerland
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

veesixteen

I'll send you one for FREE, Roger. Remind me of your mailing address.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

veesixteen

By the way, Roger, that is the ONLY ad ever published for the Eldorado Brougham; it appeared in Fortune magazine for March, 1958.

veesixteen

Here is a small copy from the Club's "Cadillac Database": 

http://www.cadillacdatabase.org/Dbas_txt/ads55-58.htm (see 1958 listing, #1131a)

Roger Zimmermann

Thank you for the answers Yann! I can hardly write to that man "Yann gave me one for free, that my price"! I have to send him something. $ 15 + the shipping costs he had? Is that fair? I won't go bankrupcy with that amount of money...
By the way, I have a nice copy at home (I don't know what I will do with the ad I got) and I don't need more. As you know it, my flat is not that large to hang more than one Brougham ad on the walls!
Still about Brougham: Sunday was the meet at Oensingen. I went with the Brougham as I don't have a stand with literature any more. One man asked what would be the price of it; after a while I understood that he inquired already in the US about this model; I gave him as a discussion basis the price of CHF 180'000.- He was not surprised and promised to call this week. I hope he will not do it; after discussion with Christine, I decided that it's too early to sell.

Roger
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

C.R. Patton II

Hello Roger

I hope all is well. Listen to Christine. Please do not sell.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

veesixteen

$15 + postage sounds like a fair deal, Roger. 
I should have known you already had one of your own. 
Perhaps I shall try to look for mine and offer it to a CLC member for the same price.
I need money for gas!

Roger Zimmermann

Thank you Yann! By the way, $ 4.00 for a gallon is still cheap compared to our price...

To C.R. Patton II: I will not sell as long as I can drive...
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101