News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1996 Fleetwood Brougham Automatic Door lock and remote fob question

Started by Bryan Thompson, January 28, 2018, 07:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Thompson

Good morning all,

I've searched available topics and can't find one about my problem.  Recently my auto-lock, when shifting into drive the doors don't lock and don't unlock when shifting into park, and key fobs stopped worknig on my 96 Fleetwood Brougham.  I have no idea where to start to check for my problem. Anyone have this issue before and how was it corrected.  Fob battieries are newer.  Worked for a month or two.

Thanks and have a great day.
I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)

Tpicks55

On my 94 Deville I had to reprogram the fob.  If you just replaced the battery that might be the problem.  If you have the manual it will tell you how to reprogram them.  On mine there is a wire in the trunk that you ground I believe, do't quote me it was a few years ago and i'm old. lol  If that does not work your module might have gone bad but I would start on the fob first.  Hope this helps. 
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

Glen

Do the lock-unlock buttons on the door work?  If not then the problem maybe with a blown fuse or other loss of power.     
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Bryan Thompson

Thanks for the reply's. Resetting the fobs didn't change anything. Power lock in-lock buttons work fine all four doors.
I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)

cadillacmike68

If you press the lock - unlock buttons on the fobs, do they do anything? What about the trunk release or the light button?
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

cadillacmike68

Brian,

Did you ever get yours' working?  Mine has now gone on the blink.  I need to locate the programming connector in the trunk. That programming connector is either up on the left side of the trunk near the hinge or down by the trunk latch. I've seen two locations on my online searches.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

JCervantes

My 96 Fleetwood does that from time to time ,  It is a RKE issue, Disconnecting battery for 30 seconds usually fixes it temporarily.

dochawk

Quote from: Bryan Thompson on January 29, 2018, 05:02:14 AMPower lock in-lock buttons work fine all four doors.

that should be a *huge* relief:  I believe that it eliminates the remote entry unit as a suspect--and it's unique to '93-'96 Fleetwood; not shared with other models or GM makes!

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on April 26, 2020, 07:53:56 PMI need to locate the programming connector in the trunk.

in my '93, it's most of the way up the left side of the trunk, behind the carpeting.
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)