News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

68 , 69, 70 DeVille Convertible

Started by Senor-Juan, July 10, 2023, 12:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senor-Juan

Looking for a well-preserved original or quality restored 68, 69 or 70 DeVille convertible.  Open to most exterior and interior colors.  Desired options / accessories include tilt wheel, A/C, cruise control, AM/FM, power seat, leather and front disc brakes.  I'm looking for driver not a show car but it must start, run, drive, brake, stop, with all major electricals working.  No rust or cracks in dash.  Let me know if anyone is selling their baby or aware of one for sell.  Thanks for your help.

George D. Mukalian CLC # 10047

My mom bought this car new in 1969. I restored it.
It has a Cadillac 500 CU engine with 520HP. It's quiet.
It's also fuel injected.
All the options you wanted are on this car.
The auto climate control is not working, everything else is working.

Where are you located? I'd like you to see the car.

George
George D. Mukalian
CLC #10047

Senor-Juan

Hello George,

Thanks for you quick response. I'm in IA and don't have any trips to PA planned so I'm not going to be able to see the car in person. I do have some questions.

Did you rebuild the 500 engine?  If so how many miles were on the engine before you rebuilt it and how many have been put since the rebuild?  If not, how many miles are on the engine. What year is the engine?

Can you elaborate some more on the automatic climate control issue?

The interior looks beautiful.  How is the body, undercarriage and chrome?  Any rust or pitting?

Thanks,
John

George D. Mukalian CLC # 10047

R & W in Pa, built the motor. They are well known. They have built other motors for my collection.
The engine was from a 1970 Eldorado. That was the 1st year for the 500 and the only year they had high
performance heads putting out 400 HP.
The motor was completely torn down, rebuilt with all new high performance parts.
I have roughly put 1000 miles on the new motor.
The climate control isn't working and I haven't had a chance to investigate. I did purchase a manual printed
in 1969 that addresses how to fix any climate control issues. The manual is specific to 1969.
No rust, no pitting. Everything underneath the car is new ( springs, shocks, bushings, etc.)
Transmission was also rebuilt with all high performance parts.
Everything is new on this car.
All the chrome was sent out & re-chromed.
I have all receipts.

Someone by the name of Bill messaged me with a phone number. I called but no answer.

Anything else, call me. cell-610-348-5970

You happened to contact me at the right time. I'm downsizing my collection. Next week I was about to put
this car up for sale on a few sites.

George
George D. Mukalian
CLC #10047