News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 CDV in Laurel

Started by jwwseville60, August 22, 2023, 02:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwwseville60

Nice car, but does anyone think its an original 42K mile car?
Engine bay and undercarriage is a bit rough.
Opinions?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-cadillac-coupe-deville-7/
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

35-709

The listing states 42,000 on a 5 digit odometer, and also that the actual mileage is unknown.  Looks pretty good considering it is a 50+ year old car, could be original miles, who knows.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

2011DTS

John,
1962 is not in my bandwith but IMHO that interior has been redone, it is just to clean and the leather to smooth for a 50+ year old car. However, that is not a deal killer, in that it is highly optioned car and the body appears stright. Someone spent some $$$ redoing that interior if that is truly leather and not vinyl. It is a really nice car in my opinion but sometimes the bids on Bring a Trailer get out of hand, it would depend where it is with an hour left in the auction.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

My initial impression is that the seats were redone but when I blew up the images, the wear on the white outer section appears completely consistent with the same area on the original interior of my '62 CdV with white leather bolsters.

The one item that gave me pause is that the backrests are lacking the oblong buttons used on DeVille interiors. There were two per seat, front and rear. The SO interior might account for this. I was unable to find anything in the 1962 Optional Specifications Manual addressing this point.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Cadillac Jack 82

Thats a beautiful 62!  lots of options as well!
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

cadillacjack

I agree with one of the comments on BAT that the passenger door color seems to be off from the rest of the car. 

billyoung

Also the Coupe DeVille chrome markings are absent from the rear quarter panels.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

I'm fairly certain that most or all of the car had been repainted.

jwwseville60

Looks like an 85,000 mile car to me. Winter driven.
It probably sat in a storage barn. Who doesnt replace a single exhaust system?
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

This '62 Coupe deVille was part of a car collection owned by a local businessman that also included this 1975 Coupe deVille with Special Order paint that he ordered & purchased new. Other cars included a 1991 Lincoln Town Car in Silver Rose' (amethyst) and a 1987 560SL with 1,700 miles, both of which he also bought new. All of his cars were fastidiously maintained until his health began to deteriorate and stored in a massive climate controlled building that he owned. The building was so large, he stored cars for other local car owners as well. 

As far as I can tell, the 1962 was among the cars that were already antiques at the time he acquired them.   

He was someone who knew what he wanted: Over the years he had purchased a number brand new Ford F-150 pickups and immediately after taking delivery, he would take them to high end body shop who would dismantle the truck and gave it a cost-no-object repaint in his favorite color - a 1955 Ford Blue. He also had rear fender skirts custom made and installed on the trucks.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-cadillac-coupe-deville-14/