News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

dwell/tach meter

Started by Rhino 21150, January 16, 2005, 10:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

I just got a dwell/tach meter in a box of car stuff at an auction. Is there any way to test one of these? Just hook it up and see what it does? I am assuming (ass u me) that if it works at all it is accurate (enough). Its not like a meter that I can compare to a known good one, there are no known good ones laying around.

JIM CLC # 15000

01-16-05
Rhino,the only way I can think of for you to check your D/T meter is to check it againt another meter, by connecting it to your engine, record the readings then connect your friends meter to the same engine and compare readings. But keep in mind, the second meter may not be correct. You could test several.
HTH
Good Luck, Jim
P.S. That is good news, in your second message.