News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

70 Deville orginal spare tire?

Started by Michael Stamps 19507, January 17, 2005, 02:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Stamps 19507

Today while Cory and I were working on his 70 SDV we had to take out the spare tire.  He commented about using it since it still had what looked like new thread on it.  I check it out and its a bias ply tire.  I want to know if maybe it is orginal.  Sorry but I cant remember the brand but it had two strips for the white wall instead of just one if that helps.

Thanks,
Stampie

Lou

If the size is a L78-15  and one of the whitewall stripes is bigger than the other, its OEM.  There is a picture of the tire in the owners manual.    Regards,Lou

Michael Stamps 19507

Thanks Lou,
  Thats exactly how it looks.  Im going to trade him another tire and rim for it as he doesnt care nor should he use a spare that old.  Plus he owes me a little for hanging upside down under the dash for an hour.

Stampie