News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hey Michigan members - HB 4362 Needs your Support!

Started by Sue 5125, October 21, 2005, 09:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue 5125

HB 4362 No Collector Car Left Behind is the current proposed bill that is languishing in the House. This is the legislation that would expand and relax the collector car license plate rules significantly.

I understand that State Rep Phil LaJoy (R - Canton, MI) strongly opposes HB 4362. Unfortunately he is the Chair for the Transportation Committee.
http://www.gophouse.com/Members/LAJOY/Bio/lajoyBBios.htm TARGET=_blank>http://www.gophouse.com/Members/LAJOY/Bio/lajoyBBios.htm

It is my impression that he works closely with the lovely (greedy) people in the Insurance Industry and they just dont want to part with all of that wonderful MCCA (Michigan Catastrophic Claims Assessment) money $$$. The more cars that are licensed with authentic or historic license plates the less$$ going to the MCCA.

Now really, how many cars can we really drive at one time? We are already paying full MCCA assessments for our daily drivers and reduced assessments for our collector cars. I know that they are socking me bigtime for my 10+ insured vehicles each year. I absolutely have authentic plates on all of my eligible cars for the savings.

ALL MICHIGAN COLLECTOR CAR OWNERS NEED TO HELP!!!!

Contact your state rep, contact Phil LaJoy, circulate a petition at your car club meeting & friends, go to Hagerty.com Legislative Action section and read about this issue.
http://www.hagerty.com/news_advocacy.asp TARGET=_blank>http://www.hagerty.com/news_advocacy.asp

We need every voice to make a difference. Kind of like the Million Man March - how about the 100,000 collector car owners march?????????

Please dont expect other people to do this - you know how irresponsible they are. Take the time to send an email or a letter or a phone call and voice your support. Lets get this done!!

PRETTY PLEASE?????

** Dont know who your State Rep is? Hagerty has a link that you can find out using your zip code. So there goes that excuse!

Doug Houston

Right you are, Sue!! Michigan is owned by the insurance racketeers, and they command the legislature.. Further, the governor is the dancing teddy bear of the UAW, and shes the tax grabber to prove it. Unfortunately, Michigan hasnt had decent government that I can remember, and thats why its one of the least desirable states in which to have a busines.

Michigans Catastrophic Claim Fund (CCA) is a typical racket that needs to be stopped. Our best bet is top identify the insurance patsy scumbags in the legislature and vote them out of office. The seat belt primary offense bill was ramroded by a politico named Bullard from your neck of the woods. I wonder how much insurance lobby cash came his way. You can be a big help in dumping him.

I believe that the current CCF tack-on is about $120.00 per vehicle insured. If you have antique insurance eith such as JC Taylor, Hagerty, etc., its ONLY about 30 bucks each. I have 11 cars and one motorcycle with JC Taylor, but I can declare only about 2 cars that are operating for the CCA. But if your family has possibly 3-4  modern cars insured, you can see what it costs. The legislature has put insurances hand into a lot of pockets over the years, and Im sure that theyre working on another new scam all of the time, and buying more politicians to make it happen.

A few yeras ago, the Oakland Press (Pontiac) did a fine article on the operation of the CCA, and Ill give you a copy at the next CLC meeting. Its very eye-opening.

George Woodford clc21025

Its time to move to Virginia; rolling hills and meadows, and vintage and antique car friendly.  There is no property tax on these cars and State Farm insurance rates are low.

Jerry Chase

I do not doubt this suggestion, George.

Yet I still do expect Michigan to be better than (ughh)
Massachusetts . . . or as we sometimes say, TAXachusetts.  At
least in some states like Michigan and South Carolina, a car
owner isnt subject to the inspection Nazis that they have in
"the pay state".   Well, like a lot of things, a good part of
it depends on the execution thereof.  Car inspection, per se,
is not the enemy:  its the radical leftist fringe that run
it in some places, like ultra-liberal Massachusetts.

Maybe Ill get lucky so that I can move West.

Jerry Chase

William Hunter CLC #21622

I am printing all of this, it will go with me to Mercedes Benz owners club meeting Tuesday.
I will take extra copies for the members willing to help.