News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

How to remove front seat 1941 60 Special

Started by 55Fleetwood, January 03, 2024, 04:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55Fleetwood

I need to work on a wiring issue under the dash of my 1941 Fleetwood 60 special and have determined the only way it's gonna happen is to remove the front seat.  Can someone that has done it tell me how best to remove the seat. I have lifted the bottom cushion out.  What are the steps from here???
Richard C. Statham, Sr.

55Fleetwood

Thanks to Paul Phillips for helping me!  All that is required to remove the front seat of a 1941 Cadillac 60 Special is to remove one bolt and a retaining piece on each front corner of the seat tracks.  once the two pieces are removed the seat will move forward far enough to disengage from the rear tracks and out the seat comes!  Obviously unhook the springs as it comes forward.
Richard C. Statham, Sr.