News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Model 6119 build sheet

Started by Myren 17794, March 30, 2009, 07:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myren 17794

In 2000 I found this car in the Traverse City, Michigan area. It's been a 9 year restoration and were just tidding up the pictures and paper work. I bought the build sheet copy from Cadillac. Can any one help clear up 1 thing on the sheet.
Sales order 6441
Car #20271
Date shipped 2/8/39
Invoice 49055
Body #2156
Vin#8z93348
Engine #8293348
Unit Engine # 8D3391
Charge to  209   What is this ???????????
Terms  WILL CALL  What is this  ????????
Thank you all for any information.
Myren

Bill Gauch #23121

Don't know what 209 is. I do know, however, that when I have bought theater tickets at the last minute they tell me I can pick them up at the "Will Call" window. Is it possible that 209 is a GM account number and "Will Call" means that the car will be picked up? From what you posted, it says it was shipped, though, so this is purely a guess.
WANTED: Nothing right now.

- 1938 Series 65 - 4-door sedan - Restoration (slowly) ongoing

http://38caddy.blogspot.com/

homeonprunehill

BILL G . the entry; "CHARGE TO 209: I assume (.... yel,  I know that a person is not supose to use that word...) that 209 isa a dealer number. HTH,Jim
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Myren

Quote from: homeonprunehill on March 31, 2009, 01:43:23 AM
BILL G . the entry; "CHARGE TO 209: I assume (.... yel,  I know that a person is not supose to use that word...) that 209 isa a dealer number. HTH,Jim
If it's a dealer number, Dose anyone know what dealer???

Jeff Hansen

Myren,

Send an email to CLC Member Tom Hall in Long Beach, CA.  He can likely explain this to you.  He has done a LOT of research on the distributor network.

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan