News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

LTB A/C Lines 73 DeVille

Started by gjackson15, May 15, 2012, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gjackson15

Anyone know of anyone who reproduces A/C lines? The high side line that runs into the condenser on my car has been patched & I'd love to replace it.

Thanks,
1973 Sedan DeVille
1985 Eldorado Biarritz
1992 Sedan DeVille (Sold!)

The Tassie Devil(le)

Any reputable AC Shop will have access to hose-makers.   Or try a hose-maker yourself.

Plus, if you have converted to R134a, then you need the correct internally-lined hose.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

cadillacmike68

All you need are the two ends and approx how long it is (don't cut it) and a good AC or hose & rubber shop can make you new ones. That's what i did way back for my 1968. The hoses were literally disintegrating, but the ends were good, and a local hose shop put the ends on a new set of lines & they stainless steel braided them at the same time.  They did the same for my power steering pressure line.

They still look very nice many years later.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Lars Kneller 8246

I use Classic Auto Air in Florida. I send them my old ones and they send back new ones.

waterzap

Have heard about Classic Auto Air. Would you recommend them?
Leesburg, AL