News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1920 Cadillac type 59 "in tank" gas gauge needed

Started by 22350, March 20, 2014, 12:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I need a replacement for my gas gauge assembly.  I have the glass and the collar, but I need the correct assembly.

Suggestions welcomed on possible sources and possible restoration of another unit I have, which is similar, but would need to be restored and modified to fit.

Thanks,

Paul
323-316-5311

Classic

Gene Menne
CLC #474

Michael Barnes

Here is what the unit looks like on a slightly newer 1924 Cadillac V63. These were perhaps even made by another company? Sorry, I don't even have one yet for my car so none to sell. Regards, Michael Barnes, Vancouver, Canada EarlyV8Cadillac list owner

hudson29

These were very common on many makes in the teens & twenties. I found one online for the 1926 Hudson project some years ago from an internet vendor. The one I found was not 100% correct and needed the face to be turned 90°. Good luck with your search.

Vintage Paul
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1926 Hudson Anderson Bodied Coupé
1923 Ford Runabout