News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1995 Cadillac Sedan deVille - 8,200 miles.

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, December 16, 2015, 05:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Offering this gem from my fleet. Makes a great Christmas gift!   ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151912112830?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Price is $12,995

Thanks.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

76eldo

Man that's a nice car. No Northstar issues to deal with.
That car is so nice it looks like you can take it to a CLC dealer show and get a first in class.

Lots of bang for the buck, factoring in a premium for the super low miles.

What's the story on this one?

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Dan LeBlanc

That's quite a car Eric.  Neat as a pin and as new in every regard!
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Thanks for the compliments gents. :)

Scroll down to the description for the whole backstory on the car.

Dan LeBlanc

The 4.9 in this car is a great engine without a doubt.  I remember someone let me use one for a month when I was in University.  The thing pulled like a freight train and gave me 29-30mpg consistently.  It was a '92, previous body style of course.

The few remaining around here of this generation you are selling are all decrepit examples that I've never really paid close attention to.  I must admit, this DeVille is very nice to look at.  Love the white on red combination.

Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

76eldo

I'll post the car's story here.

Instant show winner at any CLC event for not a lot of money.

1995 Cadillac Sedan deVille - White Diamond - Dark Cherry Leather - 8,300 miles.

One of the finest examples of 1995 Cadillac in existence.

This one owner Cadillac was purchased new on December 12, 1994 (almost exactly 21 years ago) by an older couple whose names were Don & Dorothy.

Don & Dorothy owned and operated a small corner grocery store here in Clarks Summit PA for 50 years and also resided on the premises, making the upper floor of the store their home. They had no children and Dorothy did not drive.

Naturally they purchased their new Cadillacs from Dorothy's brother who was a long time Cadillac salesman. The brother began his career with the local Cadillac dealer in Scranton PA when he got out of the service in 1946 at the end of WWII. (The brother led a very illustrious career at Cadillac which is a whole other story in itself.)

The couple were hard working people who led a very modest lifestyle. Their only major indulgence in life was to treat themselves to a brand new Cadillac every so often. As their work "commute" was merely walking down stairs and since Don used the store van 99% the time he needed to go somewhere and Dorothy did not drive, their Cadillacs were rarely driven - and only on VERY special occasions - and only if the weather was perfect - before the Cadillac would see the light of day.

They owned a number of new Cadillacs over they years and none had more than few thousand miles. This car is was their longest owned and final car.  Sadly, Don passed away in 2013 and within a year the store was closed and the Cadillac went to the brother's house garage. (The Cadillac salesman's, now retired). For nearly 2 years she could not bring herself to part with the Cadillac despite the fact that she did not drive but finally realized she could not hold onto the car forever, the brother needed his garage space back and a decision had to be made which is the reason the car is for sale.

As would be expected of an 8,000 mile vehicle, the car is just about as perfect as can be. Literally, it runs, drives and performs no differently as it did 21 years ago. The car is 100% original. NO paintwork, not even a dab of touchup. Original narrow whitewall Michelin Tires are still like new without any signs of cracks! Amazing. NEVER was the car smoked it, NEVER driven in inclement weather and the interior still has the aroma of brand new Cadillac leather. Carpets, seats, dash, switches and controls are all like brand new. ALL equipment is in working order.

All books, papers etc including owners manual portfolio with note pad (unused), Cadillac pen and solar powered Calculator (still works!), original window sticker and even the Broadcast Sheet.

Color combination of White Diamond Pearl, Dk Cherry Leather and factory painted Claret pinstripe is stunning.

It is the closest thing to a brand new Cadillac to be found this side of $60,000.

Also note 1995 was the final year of the reliable 4.9 Liter V8 and only on the base Sedan deVille. It is NOT the 4.6 Liter Northstar , notorious for oil consumption, oil leakage, and head gasket failures.

The 4.9 Liter from 1991-1995 was one of the most reliable Cadillac engines ever made.

Please call 570-876-2001 and will be happy to assist with any further questions. 
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Richard Sills - CLC #936

This looks like a contender for a national First Prize.  The complete documentation and known history from new is a very big plus.  Also, it seems like this car was continuously maintained, which is a lot better than a low-mileage car that sat completely unused for many years.  The car is now 21 years old, and the time is not too far off when collectors will begin to focus on cars of this vintage, if the past is any guide.