News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac sedan 6219X

Started by RayRay, November 27, 2018, 08:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

Hello all, I've recently began a restoration on a 1956 Cadillac Sedan 6219X. The gentleman who owns the car has had workers come and go. I'm in the process of making it a more streamline restoration and I need any and all help that can be given.
  The car is a frame off restoration. Most  of the big stuff has been done, The biggest thing left is the entire interior including the dash/instrument panel. What I would like to ask is if anybody has any "before" pictures of the interior maybe with dash out, since the previous guy didn't take any nor did he label all parts correctly.
   I am currently trying to finish the new wiring harness installation but need to mock up the instrument panel and have nothing clear to go by. I will also be searching this awesome site but any help would be much appreciated.

on a side note I would appreciate any before and/or after build pics of anything associated with this car. ;)

Lexi

I don't have any photos of such but if you are lacking a shop manual I could post a couple of electrical schematics if they will help? Keep up posted. Clay/Lexi

RayRay

I appreciate the offer however I do have a shop manual and a master catalog. They do help but just not as thorough as I thought they’d be. Problem is that I didn’t see it
Before it was disassembled. I know for certain that I’m missing parts and I just need a guide in the form of some detailed pics.to see what I’m missing and where they go. Thanks for the offer though.

vwfras

I may be able to help with photos, i took the dash out of our 56 sedan when it was in for paint last year. I also took the wiring diagram a added some colour to it to make it easier to reference to along with photos of the back of the dash pod. I am currently working away from home for the next couple of weeks but i can send them to you when i return.

cheers, Fraser 
F Breingan

RayRay

Quote from: vwfras on November 30, 2018, 03:42:24 AM
I may be able to help with photos, i took the dash out of our 56 sedan when it was in for paint last year. I also took the wiring diagram a added some colour to it to make it easier to reference to along with photos of the back of the dash pod. I am currently working away from home for the next couple of weeks but i can send them to you when i return.

cheers, Fraser

That would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

Cape Cod Fleetwood

If you could find a 1956 sales brochure, that would be helpful?
Dave Smith?

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

RayRay

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on December 01, 2018, 12:07:10 AM
If you could find a 1956 sales brochure, that would be helpful?
Dave Smith?

\m/
Laurie

I have a general idea of the car completed with all the images on google, I just need someone with the same car with tear down pictures. I need a visual of the “guts” so I can see what I’m missing and how things go in properly. Thanks for the reply though.