News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1966 deville convertible

Started by spolij, December 25, 2018, 12:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

The tilt lever on my 68 tilt column was threaded on the tilt mechanism. IIRC the turn signal lever also. They both unscrew. The collar is a press fit over the column itself. I used a slide puller to pull off the housing from the column. That is why the housing is rolled at the top. You do not have to take the buttons off. They are so old, if you get them off without them breaking, they will be so distorted they won't fit properly again. Good luck. Stay safe and go slow.
Ciao,
Mario Caimotto

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

spolij

Thanks Ralph and Mario. The two lever's unscrewed. I never even thought of that. I don't have a puller for that and the local stores don't either. So i'm going to wrap it in the car.
thanks again
Caio

spolij

Practice pieces . Covering the steering wheel in leather. Waiting for a needle for leather.

spolij

Covering dash in leather.
making a new button

spolij

So here it is over a year later and i'm finally updating. Every thing is working now except the climate control. Summer will bring a new top. The car is dissasembled ready for cleaning, minor body work and then paint.

spolij

Here it is over a year and a half and i'm finally updating. Everything works now except the climate control. Spring will bring a new top.

spolij

Center button