News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Parting out 1952 CDV

Started by M.Kirby, April 03, 2019, 02:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.Kirby

Hello,

I will be parting out a 1952 CDV around mid May.  The car is a typical part out car.  Floors are shot,  motor is complete but currently stuck, has all the trim, most the interior is shot,  doors have rust in the bottom of them from what I believe would be the windows down the whole time, but the fenders are good.  Back bumper is shot and the drivers rear quarter is slightly crunched.   Car is located in the Bremerton Washington area. 

After Parting the car out I will be moving from Washington state to Virginia State  :-\ so there is the possibility of delivering parts on my route across country  (which is undecided at this point).  I am currently on deployment and can get pictures of any parts you want to inquire about, but it will take working with my wife and her work schedule to take them.  If the part is easy to get to I could get her to pull it now and ship it if needed.

Let me know if your interested in any parts.

Kirby

M. Bankes

Hi,
Are the fender skirts any good ?
Thanks
Michael

M.Kirby

Not sure.  I think they are in the trunk and the there is no key,  I will have to convince the wife to crawl through the back seat to see if they are there.  It may be a few days before I can get back to you on the skirts but I will put you first in line for them if they are good. 

I have a second set that I know are good but I don't know how far packed they are in my box truck with all my shop stuff.  I will have to look next time I am home.

M. Bankes

Hi,
Thanks, no rush on my part, but if you could just put me on the list and let me know when you can I would appreciate it
Michael

Hilarius

If the hood is still on the car and if you can send a picture of the hood staying open by its own when lifted, meaning the hood hinges are still OK, I'd like to buy them. The springs I don't need and the hinge connection bar could be cut off on either side near the hinges for easier shipping. Don't need that bar either. Please, send a picture of the open hood without any props to: hs1940@t-online.de
Also, a shot of one of the hood hinges, just in case.
There is no hurry, just take those pictures the next time you are near the car.
Thanks - Hilmar.
Hilmar Schneider #26898
1930-162, "353", 4D-SDN-7P
1940-7567, 2D-CCP-2/4P
1948-7519X, 4D-SDN-5P
1952-6019X, 4D-SDN-5P
1973 Mercedes 107R, 2D-CCP-2P
2015 Cadillac SRX, 4D-SDN-5P

G Pennington

Does it have the original vacuum operated radio antenna?  Would be interested.
Gary Pennington
   1953 6267X Convertible
   1941 6267D Convertible (2 door)

M.Kirby

Quote from: Hilarius on April 03, 2019, 10:09:54 AM
If the hood is still on the car and if you can send a picture of the hood staying open by its own when lifted, meaning the hood hinges are still OK, I'd like to buy them. The springs I don't need and the hinge connection bar could be cut off on either side near the hinges for easier shipping. Don't need that bar either. Please, send a picture of the open hood without any props to: hs1940@t-online.de
Also, a shot of one of the hood hinges, just in case.
There is no hurry, just take those pictures the next time you are near the car.
Thanks - Hilmar.

I will have the wife check it out tomorrow after work and take pictures.  If I remember right the hood would stay up but not open very far (spring worn out?).   I will ask her to open it and see if there is any play. 

Quote from: G Pennington on April 03, 2019, 11:30:41 AM

I will also have her check tomorrow!

CaddyJay

How are the rear quarter panels? Mine are rusted out before the rear wheel opening. I need both sides or one or the other if yours are good and sold

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Looking for a right side front brake drum.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

chrisntam

The '52 CDV seems to have a special place in the hearts of those that frequent this board.

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

M.Kirby

Quote from: Hilarius on April 03, 2019, 10:09:54 AM
If the hood is still on the car and if you can send a picture of the hood staying open by its own when lifted

Attached is pictures of the hood open.  I'm sure someone could chime in, but the hood would not stay open very wide.  I believe that is from the springs being bad.

M.Kirby

Quote from: G Pennington on April 03, 2019, 11:30:41 AM

Picture of the antenna, seems to be all there.  No picture of the underside of the antenna.

M.Kirby

Quote from: Jeff Rose                                         CLC #28373 on April 05, 2019, 02:05:13 PM
Looking for a right side front brake drum.
Jeff

Jeff
Should be there,  I will not know the condition of it until I get off deployment and pull it off.  Are the drums directional?  or not able to be switched from side to side?

Quote from: Lumpduece25 on April 04, 2019, 09:00:36 PM
How are the rear quarter panels? Mine are rusted out before the rear wheel opening. I need both sides or one or the other if yours are good and sold
Lumpduece
I believe the quarters have no rust.  The doors did from having the windows rolled down.  I will have pictures taken tomorrow.  The drivers side may have damage.  The car was hit on the drivers rear and the bumper is missing on the drivers side and there is damage under the trunk lid on the drivers side. Not sure if the damage extended into the quarter panel or not, but I will have picture taken tomorrow.

Quote from: chrisntam on April 05, 2019, 09:29:50 PM
The '52 CDV seems to have a special place in the hearts of those that frequent this board.

8)
Chrisntam,
It appears so!  It's a shame that I am parting out the car as it could be saved. But I have to move and can not take it with me.  I do need some of the parts for my '53, but that doesn't stop from the pain it will be to strip the car down  :'(

M.Kirby

Quote from: Lumpduece25 on April 04, 2019, 09:00:36 PM

I don't currently have a picture of the passenger quarter but they both don't appear to have rust in them.  pictured is the drivers quarter with the damage.  Not terrible but not the greatest either. 

M.Kirby

Well I just got pictures of the passenger rear quarter and I'm afraid to say it has a large rust hole in it.  Looks like the back half could be used but I would take a pretty big patch to fill in that hole. 

papas52cad

Hello
Not sure you are still actively selling the 52 parts but if so I am interested in brake drums for my 52 Fleetwood.
I live in NY. Let me know. Also can email me at pjtomasinoemail addresses not permitted or text me at my mobile 516-808-3140.
Hope your move went well
Regards
Peter Tomasino
1952 Fleetwood

BlueGoose

I'm looking for seats, in case you still have, thanks!

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

The OP hasn't been on the board since last year...
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

BlueGoose

francis58

Hi

Any parts still avail? Gary 845-671-8939