News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

62 Park Ave for sale not mine

Started by Glaswegian, June 05, 2019, 05:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glaswegian

Found this for sale and wondered what the you guys thought the value should be, private sale ?

All papers are available since it was new.
Low mileage, ONLY 38,000 miles.
Original interior
Automatic dimming.
Electric trunk
Six-way electric seat.
Central locking
New tires.
New brakes.
New water pump.

Will get more pics later, but other than the carpet being dirty looks excellent.
Red interior not my favourite, but seller says its 9.5 out of 10.

Hoping this might end my search

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

It also has power trunk pulldown which means it has glovebox trunk release as well.

Personally I'd like it a whole lot better if it was a standard deck Sedan deVille; the short deck Park Avenue/Town Sedan models never did it for me. However, color combination, mileage, documentation, equipment and especially condition all contribute significant value to the car. I'd also be toasting to red leather interior myself!

I'd reckon ~ $15K +/- is a fair price; closer to $18K+ were it a standard length Sedan deVille.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

D.Smith

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on June 05, 2019, 08:26:39 AM
It also has power trunk pulldown which means it has glovebox trunk release as well.

Personally I'd like it a whole lot better if it was a standard deck Sedan deVille; the short deck Park Avenue/Town Sedan models never did it for me. However, color combination, mileage, documentation, equipment and especially condition all contribute significant value to the car. I'd also be toasting to red leather interior myself!

I'd reckon ~ $15K +/- is a fair price; closer to $18K+ were it a standard length Sedan deVille.

I agree with Eric.   

Glaswegian

Thank you for the quick reply guys, car is approx $17k so a little on the high side? Going to be seeing it via video link this evening and will make an offer if it looks as good as described. It's not in the US, so will save import taxes but still incur some transport costs.

Fingers crossed !

The $15K estimate is for a US sale, overseas market is likely to be a bit higher so the asking of $17k (US) probably isn't too far out of line - assuming the car is all that it appears to be.

These are wonderful & great driving cars. A friend once said everyone made a good car in 1962.

Glaswegian

Got a few more pics, looks super clean, seller says zero rust

Trunk compartment is exceptional too. They always become slightly soiled at the area wheel arches but the cardboards and liner are spot on correct.

Interior is spectacular. Even driver's seat shows very minimal wear. That red leather makes the car! White on red interior is about as much of a time honored classic combination you could ever hope to find.

Big Fins

And it's powered by the last of the good engines until 1968.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Glaswegian

Deal has been agreed to buy it and deposit will be on its way to selller tomorrow ! Next problem is getting it back home !   ;D

Quote from: Glaswegian on June 05, 2019, 03:28:33 PM
Deal has been agreed to buy it and deposit will be on its way to selller tomorrow ! Next problem is getting it back home !   ;D

Good luck with it!

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Just out of curiosity, which country are you importing
it from?  If it has to cross the ocean, lots of details for
transport need to be worked out.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

The Tassie Devil(le)

You are lucky it is not coming to Australia because they would pull it to pieces to remove ALL the Asbestos.   And this stuff is everywhere within older vehicles.

Looks like England is getting another nice import.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Bruce,
You know I love your country but... that whole asbestos thing is pure crap!!! In the big picture... how much asbestos can a car like that have??? Can it contaminate the whole country??? I guess your politicians don't want any old cars coming in. Sad!!!
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

The Tassie Devil(le)

I love asbestos, and still use some when welding near inflammable areas to keep everything cool.

Australia has been Asbestos-free for years, and I am pretty sure the Greenies are the ones that promote this sort of thing.

But, you would be surprised just how much Asbestos was used in cars, and still is in cars coming out of China.

Bruce. >:D

PS. the doo-gooders even got a range of mountains in Northers Tasmania name-changes from the Asbestos Range to an Aboriginal name, just because it contained the word Asbestos.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on June 05, 2019, 10:36:05 PM

But, you would be surprised just how much Asbestos was used in cars, and still is in cars coming out of China
But that's OK, Right!!
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

David Greenburg

Glaswegian- Looks like a real nice car, and loaded, too.  Even has power vents.  I hope your long search is finally over!
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Glaswegian

Morning guys, Car is in South Sweden just across the bridge from Denmark, so I could drive it to Holland to take a ferry to the UK. Rules here mean I can drive it on UK roads without UK plates even though it would have temporary Swedish ones as I am the legal owner. Mad but true ! so would need a trailer to get it home from that point of entry until UK plates were applied for and granted/sent. Probably going to send somebody to transport it back.

Car will be coming to Scotland which is not in England but part of the United Kingdom, comprising of Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Great Britain is another term used. ;)

Been a long journey to find and buy one of these, 35 years I've wanted one and only recently been able to look seriously. I hope it is what I expect and that no final problems cause this to fall through, been messed about by a few sellers in the last few months and almost gave up.

I will be posting up pics etc when it arrives and will obviously be asking for advice on looking after it properly.

75th aniversary of "D" Day today when many thousands of young men of the USA, UK and Canada lost their lives fighting on the beaches of France to let us have ours today !

"Never forget them"

chrisntam

Quote from: Glaswegian on June 06, 2019, 05:00:31 AM

75th aniversary of "D" Day today when many thousands of young men of the USA, UK and Canada lost their lives fighting on the beaches of France to let us have ours today !

"Never forget them"

That is top of the news here too, has been for a few days.

Good luck with the car, I wonder why the Park Avenue is valued less than the SDV, I assume they made less PAs than the SDVs.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Glaswegian

Only 2600 short decks made, so rare ! think will help here as the roads are much smaller than in the US but still a huge car ! Talked with the seller today, deposit on its way this afternoon. Might take a few weeks to get it here paperwork and organising shipping.

Body plate and engine number pics below

No cruise but everything else ticked, no need for cruise anyway methinks and no X for power windows but it has them.

I have a feeling AC may not be blowing cold, how much work will there be in changing the old gas or will it need new compressor too? Think I'll also need a workshop manual and as it only has one remote mirror on drivers side, will need to source a mirror for passenger side. Does not need to be remote but will help as we drive on the other side of the road. Seller going to see if he has anything suitable/matching. It's from a dealer and so far super helpful one too.

X code for power windows not used because it is standard on DeVille Series 63 models.

Appears to be a great car. I hope it meets all your expectations.