News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac interesting modifications from Hawaii?

Started by Chuck Patton, October 01, 2019, 12:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Patton

Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

wrench

A pink ‘59 Caddy with push button flame throwers.

1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

rwchatham CLC 21892

Innovative and interesting are not the words that popped in my mind when I saw this 4 window model.
R. Waligora

Jeff Wilk

Did they extend the fins bu adding 1958 Cadillac fins to the top?????
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I guess someone felt the original '59 fin wasn't big enough...
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

The Tassie Devil(le)

Or they were getting ready to install a spoiler, as in the Dodge Daytona?

Or they wanted it to stand out in the parking lot?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

35-709

Instead of poking you in the chest, here you would have to worry about them poking you in the eye!
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Dr.61Caddy

Alan Harris CLC#1513

Jeff Wilk

Quote from: dr59caddy on October 01, 2019, 11:36:58 PM
Thank you for all your wonderful comments.

R Fusco I for one love the artistry and craftsmanship. Would love to know the story behind the car too. Especially one on Hawaii where it must really standiut and be a challenge on many of the roads. Nice job.....

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

rwchatham CLC 21892

Artistry and craftsmanship, you guys are killing me  😂
R. Waligora

Jeff Wilk

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on October 02, 2019, 08:56:46 AM
Artistry and craftsmanship, you guys are killing me  😂

Im serious. Anybody can take something apart and paint it and out back together. Whether or not you or I would do this to our cars is not the point. I admire and respect what it takes to create some of these custom jobs.

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: Jeff Wilk on October 02, 2019, 09:15:39 AM
Im serious. Anybody can take something apart and paint it and out back together. Whether or not you or I would do this to our cars is not the point. I admire and respect what it takes to create some of these custom jobs.

I would disagree that anyone can take something apart and put it back together again.
Sometimes restorations are harder to duplicate than having free reign to do whatever you like , interiors are a perfect example . Another example would be nuts and bolts it’s easy on a custom build to order all new bolts , try doing the research on a restoration of all the correct markings on original bolt heads exact washer sizes and thickness let alone the correct plating .  Taking a car apart and painting it isn’t a restoration it’s painting a car . I’ve been involved in builds that were  exact restorations and also custom builds  so I also can appreciate artistic talent and what it takes to design a custom car that is well done , with that being said this car is not artistic in the least bit it borders more on gaudiness in my opinion .  Flame throwers out the side , extended fins , come on you can’t be serious . And to be recommended by a  self proclaimed expert , seriously ? Post some nice 59s that are available underground and not eBay and Craig’s list adds that anybody can look up and then I’ll give someone some credit .

R. Waligora

59-in-pieces

Jeff,
First thing I thought too - 58 on top of 59 fins.
Well maybe not the first thing - that was NUGGLY.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Glen

I was not impressed with it.  I noticed the safety sticker in one video, that sticker has not been used since 2012.  Didn’t notice that when I saw the car, but if it still has that sticker on it, it is not currently registered. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Jeff Wilk

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on October 02, 2019, 12:19:30 PM
I would disagree that anyone can take something apart and put it back together again.
Sometimes restorations are harder to duplicate than having free reign to do whatever you like , interiors are a perfect example . Another example would be nuts and bolts it’s easy on a custom build to order all new bolts , try doing the research on a restoration of all the correct markings on original bolt heads exact washer sizes and thickness let alone the correct plating .  Taking a car apart and painting it isn’t a restoration it’s painting a car . I’ve been involved in builds that were  exact restorations and also custom builds  so I also can appreciate artistic talent and what it takes to design a custom car that is well done , with that being said this car is not artistic in the least bit it borders more on gaudiness in my opinion .  Flame throwers out the side , extended fins , come on you can’t be serious . And to be recommended by a  self proclaimed expert , seriously ? Post some nice 59s that are available underground and not eBay and Craig’s list adds that anybody can look up and then I’ll give someone some credit .

OK OK I definitely should NOT have said that ANBODY can take apart and put back together a car in a restoration. I know better than that firsthand being a purest and having done that with my Children including self electroplating nuts and bolts per original finishes. See below).

My point is that customizers cant go to a shop manual or a car club or car show to see how something goes together. They need to envision it then build it. I don't like all artwork either.... Contemporary? Cubism?  Impressionist? Pop?.......but I respect all artists for their vision and guts to create it and put it out there for others to love OR hate it. Our art just happens to be on four wheels.

Stepping off the soapbox now.....so I can get ready to dig through tons and tons and acres and acres of rusty, greasy, and NOS parts at Hershey for my current purest restoration project!!!!

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

rwchatham CLC 21892

Jeff I’m with you all the way on appreciating vision , I preach that all the time but when a dog poops on the floor it’s not artwork it’s just a mess  , lol
Have fun at Hershey !
R. Waligora

Makandriaco

I don't have anything to comment on this particular car. I have been away from the forum for a couple of years and now I am back because I am looking to sell my "not fully original" restored '59 4 window series 62 (4 door). But I am really surprised on how negative most of the replies are.
I would thought that if you don't like the car you can say it, but a lot of these comments are really sarcastic and negative. Is it really necessary? I expected members of the forum to support other members more than this.
1959 Series 62 4 Window Sedan

Always loved Cadillacs.