News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

My 37 La Salle Restoration

Started by 37DREAMCADDYFROMHEAVEN, October 28, 2019, 04:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

37DREAMCADDYFROMHEAVEN

HELLO EVERYONE, 
Please allow me to introduce myself.
My name is John and i have recently been given the great honor of finishing a 80-85% complete frame off restoration of a 1937 La Salle Convertible.

Needless to say this is the most beautiful automobile my family and I have ever owned.

I consider myself so fortunate to have come across the vehicle when i did and somehow i, after some very creative negotiating, was able to take the car home and have since started on the task of bringing it to parade worthy condition. 

Unfortunately after the car had begun to be reassembled by the body shop it sat in,
it was abandoned by the previous owners.

After surviving a major body shop relocation move, I found it sitting untouched for 7 years.

Until i came along.

As you can imagine within that long period of time many things that are specific to that particular automobile have come up missing.

So it is at this time i am reaching out to anyone and everyone that might have any parts on my missing parts list that i could purchase to complete the restoration. 

The car is a 1937 La Salle Convertible Coupe with dual side mount press. rumble seat.

Missing parts list.

1. Front Bumper

2. Front Bumper center crest plate.

3, Rear Bumper

4. Rear Bumper center crest plate.

5. 1 pair bumper uprights

6. Rear bumper step fro rumble seat access.

7.front bumper grill guard

8."LA SALLE" scripts for hood,  both sides.

9. Short belt strip chrome, just forward of door.  both sides.

10. Passenger side stainless channel strips for hood lattice work. 4 pieces.

11. Rear fender skirts

12. Radio complete with knobs, cable and antenna.

13. Heater box

14. Heater Vent (1)

15. Heater box switch

16. Complete finish plate  for dash with stainless strips.

17. Jack

18. Jack Handle

19. Jack holdout Hardware

20. Truck tool Kit

21. Front window chrome strip for top of door glass. both sides.

22. 2 steel wheels.

23. 2 hubcaps.

24. 2 side mount hold downs

25. Hood latch handles complete with latching rods. Both sides

26. Passenger side rear fender splash panel.

27. Driver side headlight spacer plate.

28. Running boards both sides.

29. Wiper Transmission (1)

30. Wiper arms.  both sides

31. Dovetail door striker plate (1)

My Family and I would greatly appreciate any assistance in anyway with regard to finding these parts.

I will post some pics of our 1937 La Salle as i become better acquainted with the use of this website.

I am a very motivated buyer ready to purchase immediately.

I am willing to apply a finders fee if necessary.

I can be reached at
510-816-0583 or
jcs4allonsiteemail addresses not permitted

Anytime Day or Night

Thank You very much.
John S.

harry s

John, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your acquisition of a beautiful LaSalle. Great story. I don't have any of the parts you list but wish you well in finding them.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Blade

Indeed a very beautiful car and a great candidate to finish. Good luck and keep those pictures coming with the progress!

fishnjim

If you haven't already, contact both former shops and ask around to see what happened to the parts.   They have to be somewhere and someone knows something.  They just might be sitting and they want to get rid of them.   A little detective work in order, don't just take someone's word for it...Or they weren't there to begin with.
You need a trailer trip to Hershey or similar/west as the cost to ship all that is going to add considerable cost.   
I'm not a prewar-rior, so can not provide LaSalle part sources.   
ps: Would help to give the model number off the body tag.

Cadillac Jack 82

Nice car.  If you have any trouble with yours I'm happy to help.  I had a 37 Opera Coupe for about a year.
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

harry s

There is a CLC chapter for LaSalles: http://lasalleas.org/.   Jack Hotz is the director and is presently restoring a '37 LaSalle coupe.
BTW, what's up with the long gap between posts? Maybe one of the moderators can fix it.
Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

carlhungness

I have the stainless for the hood, a spare hood side panel that has the handle and latch and have
two running boards with no side trim, but possibly some end trim. 812 273-2472 Carl Hungness

spolij

Many parts onthe e net. Lou Kish (480) 789-1857 made a post about parts he had - long time ago. Maybe he still has some.

Leggettham13

I have these hubcaps available....I'm looking for the center cap dot the second one...
Josh 360 886 4778

carlhungness

Hi: I have ten, four for my Sombrero caps and four for my small caps and two for the bumper (the
bumper emblems have the tabs in a different location. The 2-3 extras I have are just too bad to restore. I found mine on eBay and did a lot of tapping to get them straight.

Jamurray

I wanted a '37 5067 because I believe they are the most beautiful convertible coupe ever produced. I couldn't find one, so I found and bought a "40 5067 instead. It's nice. It turns heads. it's just not a '37. Yes, I'm envious.

My advice, which I'm sure others have given you, is find a parts car. A lot of what you need will be on a reasonably complete parts car. There's an added bonus in that you can sell parts you don't need to fund this undertaking.

good luck, and I remain envious of your good fortune.

Jack Murray

robcars

I have a 1838 and do not know if the cover locks are the same? I am having an extra set recast and if they are will sell them at my cost which I do not know how much that will be yet.
Good Luck,
Robert
Robert

carlhungness

The casting is going to have to be awfully thin to clone the original stamped units. If not they'll be proud of the hubcap surface. Like to see them when finished.