News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 cadillac Brake fluid Reservoir Cap

Started by 57CaddyBiarritz, November 30, 2020, 03:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57CaddyBiarritz

My name is Jim and I am looking for a 1957 Cadillac Brake fluid Reservoir Cap . If anyone would have one for sale you may email or call me @ jiml@sarocean.net or my cell number is 9175286213 Thanks John and Jim

fishnjim

Hey, Jim.   There's a core on ebay but rough.
I think these are just screw caps made by size, so may find universal one that fits.
So rare, one year, going to be hard to find and who would part without the whole unit?
Could be made.   

Roger Zimmermann

If I'm right, this cap was used from 1954 to 1957. Should not be difficult to find
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

fishnjim

Roger, you might be right, but the part list shows a separate number for '57, to be "correct".
I know these guys, sold them parts and gave a core source.   Not my problem to source alternates.

Jim, may try a booster rebuilder too.   They might have extra parts or sources.  The other usual 50s suspects, AllCad, etc.

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: fishnjim on December 02, 2020, 10:49:42 AM
Roger, you might be right, but the part list shows a separate number for '57, to be "correct".

Because you did the same as me: looking at "master cylinder cap", just to see for 1957: "filler cap or cover, adapter with insert". As you know, the master cylinder is down on the frame, the cap is something different. You have to look at "cap, brake fluid auxiliary reservoir", Gr. 4.651.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101