News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

ELDO ball joints

Started by Viator Trudeau #8697, October 03, 2005, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viator Trudeau #8697

I am looking for ball joints for a winter project.  I run across knuckle casting numbers  407144 & 40714 that will receive the ball joints listed.  Are these knuckles for 67-68 or for the 69 models and up?  I cannot read the casting # on my eldo W/O taking it apart. Were there were changes in 69 requiring specific ball joints?  The ears on the 68 knuckles are 7/8 thick.  Where are 68 ball joints available at a decent price?  Thanks

Andrew 10642

This is tough, a lot of variations in the Master PArts Catalog!

67-68 Eldo FrontEnds are different than 69-70,and there is some commonality up to 1972

What year Eldo do you have?  Uppper/Lower or both?

Have you checked Kanter?

Viator Trudeau #8697

Thanks for replying. I have a 68 ELDO.  Information I have so far is the studs and the mounting ears are common 67 thru 70.??  The 71 & up joints wont fit older model knuckles.  Thanks

Crin

I would check with Kanter.  Everything I have purchased from them always fit like a glove.  Their web site is http://www.kanter.com. TARGET=_blank>www.kanter.com.
Cheers!