News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1959 cadillac coupe deville pinehurst green production numbers

Started by bluflamed67, February 28, 2019, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluflamed67

I'm trying to help my grandfather try to find out how many 1959 coupe de ville cars were produced in pine hurst green. Does anyone have this info? Thank in advance.

R S Steven

Hi bluflamed67,
I can't answer your question but, I can tell you that my wife's 1959 Coupe is Pinehurst green.

Here is a picture of it at the 2018 Detroit Dream Cruise.

bluflamed67

I am still looking for info on the production numbers for 1959 cadiallac in pinehurst green. Everything I have found shows 0 were made yet I have seen several. Anyone have a contact number of a 1959 cadillac expert?

Warren Rauch #4286

You are looking for information which you likely can't find.

Paint companies some years did disclose the industry wide colors of new cars. That would not help.

Cadillac in some years did include a breakdown of color usage, normally in the following year Optional Specifications Manual. I checked 1960 ,no luck.

I did find the breakdown for 1961 in the 1962 book.

The color closest in 1962, 1961 %

Turquoise     4.4%
     Sage          4.6%
     Granada Green 0.9%

Eldorado Colors

Pinehurst Green 12.8%

Warren

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Ward's Automotive Yearbook lists color breakdown for year but not by model. Would need the 1960 edition for 1959 stats. Otherwise there are no known sources for the specific question this side of going through the "Cars Built" sheets- all 4,000 of them.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute