News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Rochester Carb for 56 coupe

Started by #1CaddyFan, September 07, 2020, 10:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#1CaddyFan

Hi All
I need a carburetor for my 56 Coupe 365 ci. engine. I would like a working unit but might settle for a complete carb to rebuild.
Thanks Dan Text at 865-410-0473

fishnjim

There's 2 listed for '56 by engine number on the parts list.   7009901 and 7009914 are listed.   So you have to check the engine number to get the "right" one, but any 4 bbl would work if the base is right.     Personally, I'd block the exhaust passage and upgrade to an edelbrock(AFB) rather than use the old ones.   But it's all what you're after.   Getting the right linkage if you change has to be worked out.   

denniscaddy

Hi Dan,
I have one.  Email is best for me:

dennis@caddyparts.com

Dennis
CLC 3676
1941 Fleetwood 60S
2017 CT6

Lexi

Hey Dan, I have a spare 1956 Carter that is mounted on a 1956 intake manifold. It has the idle speed-up control as it came from an AC equipped car. This carb was professionally rebuilt in about 2013 and installed on a #1 concours quality car, (was judged at our Cobble Beach Concours). I had a ride in this car and it drove fine. The owner removed this to install a double quad Carter set up with Bat-Wing air cleaner, so he no longer needed the single 4bbl Carter and intake. All had been restored, manifold stripped and painted Hirsh Cadillac engine blue paint. Carb still glistens. The carb has been sitting 3 -5 years, and stored inside. Twice I filled it with gas to hopefully keep the gaskets from drying out. While I cannot guarantee this carb, if I had to use it I would first install it as is and see how it runs. I suppose it could weep fuel but often after a soaking that stops. Should be plug and play. I have to get $850 US for all, but will consider reducing the price if you do not want the intake manifold or idle speed control (which was also either rebuilt or was NOS). As a rebuilt set it is a rare find, especially as it came from a concours quality running car. Was fully operational when removed. As we discussed this earlier over the phone I will give you first right of refusal. Clay/Lexi