News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

source for interior paint

Started by Ranger magnum, May 30, 2019, 08:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger magnum

Has anyone a source for paint that matches interior colors? Things like the speaker grilles are looking shopworn, and could use a freshening up.
1958 bel air rat rod
1963 Impala wagon
1964 Impala SS 409
1965 Impala SS 396 convertible
1976 Cadillac Eldorado
2003 Mercedes AMG CL55
2015 BMW M6
2004 Dodge ram 4x4 Cummins Dually
2003 Fleetwood 38' Diesel pusher
2017 Can Am side by side

MaR

SEM dyes can be custom mixed to match just about anything. SEM also has a long list of vintage formulas for many factory interior colors.

Big Fins

X 2. SEM makes a great product.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Some of us are on a budget...

I got out my Sherwin Williams color wheel, matched the color I needed perfectly, and had the store mix up
a tester pint in Duration exterior satin. Its perfect, it was $10, and I'll never use it all. YMMV. Every surface I painted was
washed with soap and water and allowed to dry before paint, any rust spots were sanded, all got 2 coats of paint.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

fishnjim

sometimes they list the interior paints and some times not.   Once you get the color and paint code, you can cross at most pro auto paint stores.   You can have them color match with the spectrum analyzer also, if equipped.  But if it's X years old, it may be faded as you state or stained.
TCP global took over and they're not as friendly as in the years past.   
http://autocolorlibrary.com/

You might find it in the GM Heritage Center.com archives for your year, in the specifications or dealer lit.   The newer, the more likely it'll be available.   Should be in with the interior trim.   The published books with samples but they are sometimes $$$ or not available.

Most of the "big" paint co's require a shop address to login on their computer color library.   I've tried and they turn me down.   So the local body shop may have access.   Look for the paint supplier sign, PPG or Axalta, etc.   I used to have a good old timer paint guy nearby but he retired and the newbies DNS.   So it's part of the territory in this sport today.

MaR

Here is the SEM color formula chart for pre 1976 colors. It's a searchable PDF but you must search it by the color name.

https://www.semproducts.com/manage/html/public/content/techsheets/sem_color_coat_pre_1976.pdf