News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1958 Cadillac Fleetwood Trunk Motor

Started by Gonzalo 1957, April 06, 2023, 10:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonzalo 1957

Good morning,

Last year I sent my Trunk motor to PTO Vintage, to rebuild my Trunk Motor. He has a couple of rebuild services on eBay. I paid him 800, on Jan 4, 2022. Still haven't received anything, he keeps giving me excuses. Anyway, I am looking for a trunk motor. I would prefer for it to be working, but if it could be rebuilt, that is also ok. Please let me know if anyone is interested in selling, or if anyone has an idea of where I can find one.

Thanks.

Gonzalo Carmona

57 Fleetwood
58 Fleetwood
66 Coupe Deville

Flgator

Hello Gonzalo 1957,
I am a relatively new member. Its unfortunate that my first reply/post on this site has to be on this topic. Long story short, I am in the same pull down motor situation as you with the same individual only I am out approximately $2000. Similarly, I have documented history of months and months of excuses dating back to October 2022. I have learned there are several people in our situation with this same person. I'm not litigious but given how this person has treated me and others in the Cadillac community I turned it over to a very accomplished lawyer who deals in internet and wire "issues". He is attempting to resolve the issue amicably but if that cant be accomplished he will pursue resolution on a larger scale to the fullest extent. The attorney has also collected names of others who have documented their same or similar experiences with this individual.

On a more positive note, a friend who heard of my pull down motor situation referred me to a gentleman in Belair, Maryland. This gentleman is part saint...I take that back, he is 100% saint. He solved my 1960 pull down motor problem quickly. He is extremely knowledgable and his workmanship is outstanding.  If he doesn't have the 58 pull down motor you need I think he would have a line on where to find one that he could rebuild for you. Please message me and I will provide his contact info to you.
Regards
FlGator
CLC Member #34085
Kevin Pruett
CLC# 34085

V63

I do have a 1958 version available, it's a one year only version. Removed from a 1958 fleetwood sixty special. 
it's a clean take off... probably going to need service, minimumly cleaning and lubrication... but an unmolested survivor otherwise. sorry, I do not have any motivation to part with it for less than $500.

Gonzalo 1957

Quote from: Flgator on April 06, 2023, 12:45:09 PMHello Gonzalo 1957,
I am a relatively new member. Its unfortunate that my first reply/post on this site has to be on this topic. Long story short, I am in the same pull down motor situation as you with the same individual only I am out approximately $2000. Similarly, I have documented history of months and months of excuses dating back to October 2022. I have learned there are several people in our situation with this same person. I'm not litigious but given how this person has treated me and others in the Cadillac community I turned it over to a very accomplished lawyer who deals in internet and wire "issues". He is attempting to resolve the issue amicably but if that cant be accomplished he will pursue resolution on a larger scale to the fullest extent. The attorney has also collected names of others who have documented their same or similar experiences with this individual.

On a more positive note, a friend who heard of my pull down motor situation referred me to a gentleman in Belair, Maryland. This gentleman is part saint...I take that back, he is 100% saint. He solved my 1960 pull down motor problem quickly. He is extremely knowledgable and his workmanship is outstanding.  If he doesn't have the 58 pull down motor you need I think he would have a line on where to find one that he could rebuild for you. Please message me and I will provide his contact info to you.
Regards
FlGator
CLC Member #34085

Good evening Flgator,

When you have a chance, send me the gentleman's contact information. Hopefully he has a 58 motor available. I was talking with V63 and he gave me the idea of adapting a later model one. I most likely will do that. But if I can find an original one it would be awesome. I send you a pm, but I am not sure if I did it right.

Thanks.

Gonzalo Carmona

57 Fleetwood
58 Fleetwood
66 Coupe Deville

Lexi

Quote from: Flgator on April 06, 2023, 12:45:09 PMOn a more positive note, a friend who heard of my pull down motor situation referred me to a gentleman in Belair, Maryland. This gentleman is part saint...I take that back, he is 100% saint. He solved my 1960 pull down motor problem quickly. He is extremely knowledgable and his workmanship is outstanding. Regards
FlGator
CLC Member #34085

That saint sounds like Eldo Jay, who I have had awesome dealings with. Highly recommended. A first rate rebuilder as has been my experience and extremely trustworthy. Check the Self Starter ads section as I believe he still advertises there, for contact information. Clay/Lexi

Gonzalo 1957

Quote from: Flgator on April 06, 2023, 12:45:09 PMHello Gonzalo 1957,

Regards
FlGator
CLC Member #34085

Hey Flgator,

if possible can you PM, me with any info you have on that Peter guy? He still has not sent me my trunk motor, and if I can get his info, I can give it to my lawyer. Thanks. 
Gonzalo Carmona

57 Fleetwood
58 Fleetwood
66 Coupe Deville