News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1906 Cadillac history

Started by Paul van Acker, February 15, 2005, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul van Acker

Hi,

Im the owner of a 1906 tulip body 1 cyl M touring.
The previous owner has lost all the papers and the only nr.I have is the chassis/engine nr.  20696.
Is there anyone who can give me more information please?????

Greetings from The netherlands,

Paul van Acker#18204

Barry Wheeler #2189

Hi Paul,
The best way to get info on your car is to delve into your Directory, and contact other members with cars such as yours. Ive been a member since 1964, and have found that few members will not be willing to talk (brag), etc, etc, etc, about their cars to others of similar bent. Just dont call when they are asleep... (Once when I was President, I got a call from Australia at 3 AM our time and the guy went on and on and on.) This is the best way to find parts, info, and gain new friends. Our members with the older cars are a fraternity among themselves, and help one another out freely. Good luck.

Paul Ayres #5640

Paul - I suggest you obtain the history of your car from GM Heritage Center.  The following is from the Authenticate Your Car section of this website:

To order a copy of the factory record sheet of your vehicle:

* Provide the vehicle data -- year, style #, body # and serial/VIN # (e.g. 1941, style 6219D, Body 1286, serial 8342240). All Cadillacs and LaSalles are recorded by the original engine serial number; without that number, the GM Heritage Center cannot process your order and has no choice but to return your request.

* Include a check or money order in US funds for $50 payable to General Motors.

* Mail to:

GM Heritage Center
      Attn: Cadillac Archives
      6400 Center Drive
      Sterling Heights, MI 48312-2609
      USA

The folks at the heritage Center will put together a very nice package of information about your 1906.  Paul Ayres

Paul van Acker

Thank you all very much for your kindly comment!

Regards,
Paul

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

There cant be too many 1906, tulip-bodied Model M Cadillacs in Holland ?

I have a picture of one that was taken in your country probably 25-30 years ago (B&W shot, with a stout lady sitting up front).  Could it be the same car ?