News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Back on the road with The Ark

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, June 01, 2022, 01:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrefakis

it drives as did the one I drove for a day in october 69 did, even after all the ones I had its still amazing how smooth and powerful it is(non ethanol racing fuel)

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 55 CDV Fan 82 on October 13, 2022, 12:29:47 PMI keep coming back to this post and I REALLY like that new paint.  My 55 still looks cherry but my 67 Buick needs paint soon.  Shame I can't use your guys.

Awww thanks Tim, I appreciate that. I *knew* the original color code 93 (late 1969 manufacture for the 1970 model
year,lucerne aqua) was a blue, my dad had it, I was 10 and remember having to help wash that aircraft carrier. Then
The Ark's door jambs were BLUE and that paint was original. The original oil change sticker from the dealer that sold
it new, was still on the jam, and still is. The problem was GM changed code 93 to a greenish hue and renamed the
color "Lucerne Aqua Firemist", the blue color wasn't selling at the dealers in early 1970. And the only person who would listen to me was Dickie Garbitt. He, like his dad, are body men. Dickie found the original RM blue paint chip
in his late father's pile of dusty boxes. He matched it to a PPG paint, mixed it and sprayed it out for me, the rest
as they say is history. I think its a gorgeous color, and Dickie got just the right amount of 'sizzle' in the paint
so it looks just like a "firemist" paint code. So grateful to him, he's busy and put a lot of time into that. And he'll be doing the paint correction this winter when the car comes off the road and back to Michael. You can throw a rock between the 2 shops on Thorton Drive, and probably hit Tirrell with one of those rocks, they're restoring the entire HVAC system in The Ark next winter. I'm beyond blessed to have people like this, on the same street, the next town over. They'd do your car, you'd just have to ship it? If you want to get the ball rolling PM me and I'll give you their contact info my friend.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on October 13, 2022, 01:57:59 PMWhat ever happened to – if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

What I have observed over the years from folks who have the quick and ready "PUT DOWNS" is that they were likely noncompetitors, or a runner up with a participation trophy, and have a need for "ME TOO", "DON'T FORGET ME".  You know the type and who they are.

Laurie should be thought of as a diamond, full of bright reflective facets of the Cadillac hobby.  While those who are quick to be critical, they are simple pieces of glass, fragile, and of comparatively lower value.  At some point, they have been weighed, they have been measured, and they have been found wanting.

I have said this before that I think Laurie should be the poster "girl" (forgive me for the girl reference) for our Cadillac LaSalle Club.  Or, at least thought of as the Club's official Energizer Bunny.

Have fun,
Steve B.

Bro, love you. This GIRL is good, "shrinking violet" was never a term used to describe me. LOL!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: wrefakis on October 13, 2022, 02:24:03 PMit drives as did the one I drove for a day in october 69 did, even after all the ones I had its still amazing how smooth and powerful it is(non ethanol racing fuel)

COOL! Drive it to the Nationals, we can duel for fuel on the highway. LOL!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

The final 3 this year, 31 events in total.

October 15th at the Freemason's Lodge in Wakefield. Just a gorgeous ride out there, about an hour and a half each way. A new event that took the organizers by surprise when so many cars showed up. Decent food and bathrooms available, friendly staff who knows they need 'more awards' next year. We'll be back. And I was on the square and on the level. Where's Lexi?

October 22 at the Harley-Davidson dealer in Dartmouth, another hour ride each way in beautiful foliage. And another new event that took those folks by surprise with a huge turnout. Food trucks and bathrooms in the dealership, lots of fun, we'll be back next year too.

October 30th (pushed back a week due to rain) was my clubs finale at the Red Barn in Eastham. Great pizza, great mini golf, and again more cars showed up than were expected filling that parking lot and the ones to the left and right, great times.

31 shows, and there's more if I want with all the Veteran's Drives and Toy Drives coming up. I'm tired and have leaves to blow and bag. LOL! How much FUN was this year? Did you drive your car?

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

cadillacmike68

Hi Laurie,

I Like the new color. Is it a cataloged 1970 Cadillac color? If so, which one? I have the 1970 brochures but they were notorious for terrible color renditions from the presses of the time.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on November 06, 2022, 01:07:42 AMHi Laurie,

I Like the new color. Is it a cataloged 1970 Cadillac color? If so, which one? I have the 1970 brochures but they were notorious for terrible color renditions from the presses of the time.

Mike, there are multiple threads on this here. That color is the ORIGINAL Code 93 Lucerne Aqua as applied to the 1970 model year in late 1969, very early 1970 manufacture. The Ark was built on November 14, 1969.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

cadillacmike68

Quote from: wrefakis on October 13, 2022, 02:24:03 PMit drives as did the one I drove for a day in october 69 did, even after all the ones I had its still amazing how smooth and powerful it is(non ethanol racing fuel)

Remember, Will, that I'm first in line to buy this 1970 Fleetwood when you're ready.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on November 06, 2022, 10:06:32 AMMike, there are multiple threads on this here. That color is the ORIGINAL Code 93 Lucerne Aqua as applied to the 1970 model year in late 1969, very early 1970 manufacture. The Ark was built on November 14, 1969.

I think I have a refrigerator magnet with this color Fleetwood. Now if I can find an envelope and a stamp, and where did I put that address???...
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike