News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Skinny Steering Wheel on the 68 CdV

Started by Steve W, January 07, 2024, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W

I remember when I first got my CdV, about 13 years ago now, that I was surprized at how skinny the steering wheel is. And, as time goes on, there are little cracks in the plastic rim...especially where it meets the spokes, so I thought I'd look into wrapping it...for two reasons...one, to hide the cracks, and two, I've got pretty big hands and I'm sure it would feel a bit better to pad the wheel and wrap it.

Only problem is, it seems that most wraps are 'one-size-fits-all', and I don't see any that come with padding.

Has anyone here wrapped their steering wheel, and if so, what did you use?
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

35-709

You might want to talk to these folks --- https://wheelskins.com/
I wrapped the wheel on my '73 Caribou (nee Coupe deVille) and was pleased with it.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

billyoung

On my 1968 I very slowly and carefully repaired the cracks with 2 part 5 minute epoxt and then masked it all off and repainted it with plastic paint.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.