News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1939 LaSalle - Obtaining a Title in California?

Started by Aeroman (Juan Ramirez), May 16, 2008, 11:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeroman (Juan Ramirez)

Hello everyone, as some of you might know, I recently got my '39 LaSalle coupe road worthy - meaning, it can move forward/back and stop.  I purchased it from a local person back in Sept. 2007 but had no title.  There is a CA license plate in the trunk with '74 tags on it so I am assuming that was the last time it was registered.  When I went over to give him the cash, I brought over a pre-printed "Bill of Sale" form for him to sign (which he did).  Under the VIN# line, if I am not mistaken, I inserted the number that is stamped on my engine block/frame.

I have an appointment with the DMV next week and I want to make sure I do things right.  I'll bring the Bill of Sale with me however, when I punched in the serial number on the block into the DMV website, it had no record.  Is there something else I am suppose to do?  Thanks.

Juan
1939 LaSalle Opera Coupe

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Juan:

Do not overlook the obvious.  A telephone call MIGHT provide you with the guidance you seek and save you a drive and wait in the line for service.  Good luck.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Juan, contact me directly. I'll guide you thru the process. Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Jeff Maltby 4194

You'll need a CHP/police vin # inspection certificate like my 68-69 eldo's 10 years ago.

Right Bob ?

Jeffo 49er chapter :<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Cadcliff

Quote from: Aeroman (Juan Ramirez) on May 16, 2008, 11:43:29 AM
Hello everyone, as some of you might know, I recently got my '39 LaSalle coupe road worthy - meaning, it can move forward/back and stop.  I purchased it from a local person back in Sept. 2007 but had no title.  There is a CA license plate in the trunk with '74 tags on it so I am assuming that was the last time it was registered.  When I went over to give him the cash, I brought over a pre-printed "Bill of Sale" form for him to sign (which he did).  Under the VIN# line, if I am not mistaken, I inserted the number that is stamped on my engine block/frame.

I have an appointment with the DMV next week and I want to make sure I do things right.  I'll bring the Bill of Sale with me however, when I punched in the serial number on the block into the DMV website, it had no record.  Is there something else I am suppose to do?  Thanks.

Juan

If you are in Southern California, I can VIN verify the car for you as I am licensed to do that.
Cliff Graubard
CLC #1430

1955 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon x3
1956 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon- One of two
1955 Eldorado- bronze
1961 Cadillac Biarritz-bucket seats
1964 CDV- Silver/Red Every option
1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1940 and 1941 60S
1961 Cadillac Convertible
1965 Cadillac Convertible