News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Strange direction light

Started by LM 25575, June 21, 2009, 09:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM 25575

Do someone know something about this strange turn light fitted on a '49 Cadillac?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/lucarover/Immagine013.jpg
L. Marzana
- 1949 Cadillac 62 4 door
- 1981 HD FLTC

35-709

Someone took the time and spent the money to do, or have done, the body work to add a very ugly piece to the car. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

The Tassie Devil(le)

If the vehicle is in Europe, or Australia, then it could have been done to comply with regulations where an Amber Indicator Light is necessary.

It is nicely done though.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

LM 25575

I was wondering if this modification was done by factory for export cars but can not find any information about.
L. Marzana
- 1981 HD FLTC

Otto Skorzeny

What does the writing on the turn signal say?  

I seriously doubt that was a factory job. If the light assembly was made by Guide, well you might have an argument. My guess is that it says Lucas, Wagner or something else.

Just curious, is the car next to it a Rolls Royce?
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

LM 25575

The car close to the cadillac is a Bentley.

L. Marzana
- 1981 HD FLTC

Otto Skorzeny

I thought so. (basically the same car)
fward

LM 25575

Don't think so. Too bad I do not have a pic here. But I can tell you that the Bentley looks like a little wagon respect to the Cadillac!  :)
L. Marzana
- 1981 HD FLTC

Otto Skorzeny

Isn't the car in the picture a Bentley with the same body as the Rolls but with a different grill? What model is it?  It looks like a Silver Cloud style body.
fward

LM 25575

Unfortunately the Bentley is not mine. Picture was taken in a garage where the cadillac is on sale and where, if I decide to buy it, will go back this week. If so will take a pic of the Bentley if you wish, no problem.  ;)
L. Marzana
- 1981 HD FLTC

Bill Ingler #7799

A lot of  small fender modifications to cars were done in the late 40s and early 50s. This mod reminds me of a 48 Pontiac I  modified. I took the tail lights out of the fenders and mounted the lights below the trunk. In the holes left by the tail lights I ran the exhaust pipes up through the trunk and then put on chrome tips running the chrome tips out the holes left by the tail lights. I blocked the exhaust manifold 5 for the left pipe and 3 for the right. Great sound with glass pack mufflers